A short stop pulled my body forward nostalgically but I bounced back to my seat, putting my hand to my seatbelt and exhaling slowly – it still was a little sentimental being in the back seat of a car. Eleanor noticed my mini panic in the corner of her eye and placed a thin, delicate hand over mine, giving it a little encouraging squeeze as I unbuckled my belt. My eyes drifted up to hers and they smiled down at me as she took my hand in hers and followed the other girls out the car door and into the back entrance of the venue. A security guard met us at the door and led us to the boys’ dressing room as the fans were filling the seats. Music played in a distance to amp up the crowd as our heels clacked on the floors of the hallways, faintly I heard a Grease tune playing to entertain the crowd and my heart screamed out for Louis, knowing he must have picked out that track.

My mind raced twenty times the speed of our feet but before I knew it we were in front of a door with a printed out sign reading ‘ONE DIRECTION’ taped on all four corners. The guard opened the door and stepped back, allowing the five of us to enter before leaving and closing the door behind him. Each of us gravitated to our respective boyfriend like puppies running to the door when their beloved master comes home, wrapping our arms around our member and kissing them like we haven’t seen them for weeks, and to our defense it had sure as hell felt like it.

The room was big and without any discussion we all seemed to just disperse, taking a moment to give our boys a pep talk before the show. Harry’s eyes were wide with fear but did not fail to sparkle like the ocean under the sun. I took his broad shoulders in my small hands, just barely eye-to-eye with him from the help of heels and looked him straight through his pupils, that were always so massive and today was no exception. Harry’s eyes searched through mine as he patiently waited for me to speak, but before I could even formulate words I found my hands in his hair and his mouth pressed to mine. I could feel the sparks across my lips, like pop rocks bouncing around on one’s tongue, every kiss somehow felt like the very first time. I pulled away from him, hands returning firmly on his shoulders, noticing the glint in his eye shining even brighter, and the fear and nerves calmed by the notes of love my soul sang to him. I could feel my mouth smiling dumbly at him, wonderstruck by his beauty. I pushed back his body and scanned him from the ground up, wearing new white converses, ill-fitting light khaki chinos, a plain white t-shirt, and a monogrammed navy blazer, his hair was tousled to perfection, each curl in place but still screaming “I just had sex” – and to be honest every inch of him screamed “you want to have sex with me” and I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to right then. My gaze fell back into his and when I saw his eyes the words just came out.

“I love you,” I started and his dimples deepened as I continued to speak “I want you to know how proud I am of you. When you get out on that stage, the rest of your life is out there waiting for you. This is your moment Harry Edward Styles, and you deserve it because you are amazing; not just an amazing singer but an amazing man. I am so proud to call you the love of my life, and I will be there front row singing right back to you.”

His lips engulfed mine and he held my body close to his, I could feel his heartbeat racing, the adrenaline and nerves could power one of his cars.

“The preshow tape is about to start and we need to get you seated while the lights are out so you don’t cause a scene.” The five couples broke apart, each of the girls rotating to different boys, wishing luck to the family we had become a part of before returning to square one.

“Good luck babe, you don’t even need it,” I winked before kissing his lips quickly, his hand lingered on mine hesitant to let it go, and before I was the last one to exit, with a trembling hand of his own he squeezed it three times.

The lights dimmed in the arena and the roar of screaming girls took it’s place. A screen with text lit up but I was too nervous to even make sense of the words. My palms were sweating, my heart was racing, and admittedly a part of me wanting to join in on the screams. The electrifying beat of the anthem ‘What Makes You Beautiful’, a song I had heard on the radio and coming from the shower filled the room while a van drove across the screen to a beach when suddenly a familiar face paused on the screen and the screams grew. I could hear a yelp of my own escape my lips, I was literally freaking out like every single girl around me, the only thing that separated us was that I was lucky enough to have seen that same boy completely naked. My Lou flashed on the screen next, an awestruck feeling to see how far he had come, and then the rest of the boys faces came across the screen. The anticipation grew as did the volume in the room and the shaking of my hands, and most of all the thumping of my heart against the skin of my chest and through the thin fabric of my blouse. The boys jumped out of the van and my heart was about to explode, and just like old movies the countdown began, the girls and I looked at each other with wide eyes and goofy fangirling smiles 5… 4… 3… 2… 1… a wave crashed and suddenly along with almost 10,000 girls we began to scream as the boys each and every one of us had fallen in love with ran onto the stage and began to sing.