chapter 20

CHARLIE

I jumped for joy off the floor and slowly but surely picked out an outfit. Once I had that situated I packed up the rest of my things in my final suitcase and put it by my bedroom door. Time had passed by and I needed to get ready.

 I hurried into the bathroom to take a shower. My mind was racing of ideas of what tonight had to offer but at the end of the day it didn’t even matter – I could get Nando’s take out and snuggle up on the floor of my empty bedroom with Harry’s arms around my body and have the perfect night, but knowing Harry it would be storybook special. I shampooed and conditioned my long hair and rinsed it before getting out of the shower and drying off. I wrapped a towel around my small frame and put moose in my hair before lightly blow-drying it into its natural wavy state. I shuffled into my bedroom to retrieve the outfit I had kept unpacked; a pair of tight dark denim skinny jeans, a loose cream colored sweater and a pair of crochet toms as Anne had instructed me to dress comfortably – which was my favorite style. I set out my makeup essentials and began painting a thin layer of foundation on my face, coating my lashes thickly with a volumizing mascara, lining them with black eyeliner, and finishing off my eyes by swiping a sparkly champagne eye shadow on my lids. I applied a neutral deep pink gloss on my lips before spraying my hair and pulling on my clothes.

I picked up my phone to check the time which was 7:30PM and decided to log onto tumblr and twitter to pass the time. No one had discovered my blog was me so it was interesting to see pictures of Harry and I on my dashboard. I switched over to the twitter page and scrolled through my mentions at the sweet comments from directioners. I heard a honking coming from outside and looked out my window to find Harry in his car. I opened the glass that separated the two of us and he called up to me. 

“I know I’m early but I’m too excited to wait any longer” he said smiling up at me with his dimples captivating me. 

“How long have you been sitting out here?” I laughed at how adorable he was.

 “Almost an hour” he laughed at how ridiculous he sounded and I echoed it, slamming down the window and rushing down the stairs. 

“Bye Anne love you!” I called and she waved me off before I slammed the door and climbed into his car.

 “Hey stranger,” I said buckling my seat belt and leaning over to give him a kiss “I missed you today!”

“I missed you too but hopefully it will be worth it!” he said with his eyes glimmering at me with such genuine excitement that my head went light.

“Well shall we!” he said putting his key into the ignition and I plugged my iPhone into his stereo system searching for a fitting song as he pulled out the driveway. I smiled down at the track and hesitantly pressed play before turning the volume all the way up to drown out my belting.

“YOU THINK I’M PRETTY WITHOUT ANY MAKE UP ON, YOU THINK I’M FUNNY WHEN I TELL THE PUNCHLINE WRONG, I KNOW YOU GET ME SO I LET MY WALLS COME DOWN” I sang dramatically to Harry as he smiled with his eyes on the rode, his dimple deepening as I continued to serenade him.

“BEFORE YOU MET ME I WAS ALRIGHT BUT THINGS WERE KINDA HEAVY; YOU BROUGHT ME TO LIFE” I sang using the phone as my microphone and he sneaked a peak at me before singing back “NOW EVERY FEBRUARY YOU’LL BE MY VALENTINE” my nose scrunched up in delight at him playing along with me, and I hoped he wasn’t just absent mindedly singing, but making a promise, because I meant every word I sang. My heart skipped a beat at the next lyrics; lets go all the way tonight before we joined each other in the chorus.

“YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I’M LIVING A TEENAGE DREAM THE WAY YOU TURN ME ON, I CAN’T SLEEP; LETS RUN AWAY AND DON’T EVER LOOK BACK” we sang together and with his free hand he took mine and his green eyes made me lose my train of thought as we hit a red light and he looked over at me singing, “MY HEART STOPS WHEN YOU LOOK AT ME, JUST ONE TOUCH NOW BABY I BELIEVE THIS IS REAL, SO TAKE A CHANCE AND DON’T EVER LOOK BACK” I threw my head back in laughter as he belted out the tune and people in the lane next to us stared questionably. We sang along together for the rest of the ride and I took my phone in my hand to send out an appropriate tweet.