Chapter 1: The Young Past

■Deceit's revealed name mentioned■

Two young boys were running away as they were being chased by a group of older boys. "Dee! I can't keep up!" The smaller boy said, tears threatening to spill from his eyes. "Just hold on a bit more! We're almost there!" The other boy said, tightening his grip on the younger boys hand.

His eyes were a hazel brown and yellow. He tried to hold himself together for the younger boy. "Come back here you two! You're gonna pay for what you did!" An older male threatened as they got closer. By this point, the smaller boy was crying. Scared of what would happen if they didn't make it.

"Don't cry Virgil." Dee said as he neared a wall. He pulled Virgil closer to him, lifting him up. "Come on Virgil. Jump the wall, I'll be right behind you." Virgil complied and jumped to the other side, helping Dee up. They tumbled down to the ground.

They both continued to run, until they were sure that they were safe. "Deceit, where are we?" Virgil said as he got closer to the taller male. "We're at the palace. Come on, we need to find a place to rest for the night." Deceit grabbed Virgil's hand as they walked around.

They soon stumbled upon a garden, and headed towards the tree that was planted at the middle. Deceit sat down and patted his lap, signalling Virgil to lay down. Virgil layed down and layed his head on his lap. Slowly falling asleep as Deceit brushed his hair with his fingers.

Both boys were unaware of the figure watching them from afar. The figure slowly walked up behind them, careful to not make any noise. His emerald green eyes shined from the full moons light. A small white streak visible on his dark brown hair. His curiosity grew as he neared the two males.

He stopped when he heard humming. It sounded nice and calm. Seeing that it came from the figure that was sitting upright. He leaned in closer until he knew what song he was humming. Everything stays. The boy closed his eyes as he listened. He started to sing the lyrics unconsciously.

Deceit stopped his humming when he heard singing. He turned around and saw him. He wore a black shirt with green sleeves. A white streak in his hair. He stared for a moment before speaking. "Who are you?" Deceit asked, alert shown in his voice. The boy stopped. He frowned a bit before smiling.

"I'm Remus!" He said happily. "And you?" He cocked his head to the side. Deceit hesitated a bit. "I'm Deceit" he said, not fully trusting the other with his real name. Remus clapped his hands eagerly and quickly sat down by Deceit. His eyes wandered down to where Virgil was. "And who is he?" Remus pointed to the small figure. "He's Virgil" Deceit responded back.

He kept his hand still on Virgil's head and looked up at the night sky. A small yawn escaped his lips. Remus took note and looked at the male. Only then he realized his facial features. Deceit had a mark that went from the top of his head to near his chin. Though it only took about half of his face.

Deceit's eyes are what caught his attention. His heterochromatic eyes. Hazel brown and yellow eyes. Deceit soon noticed that the boy has been staring at him for a long time. "What are you doing?" The question caught Remus off guard. "O-Oh it's nothing.. just that your eyes-" "What? You hate the fact that my eyes are like this?!" Deceit snapped.

"No! That's not what I meant. It's just that I never saw anyone with different coloured eyes." Remus paused for a moment before continuing. "They look nice" Remus smiled while looking at Deceit. "Oh... well thank you, I guess" he looked down at Virgil who started stirring in his sleep.

"Well, I have to get going. I have somewhere to be." Deceit said as he got up, careful to not wake Virgil. "Where are you going?" Remus asked, stopping the boy before he left. "To find a proper place to sleep." "You can sleep in the castle" "Where exactly are we gonna be able to sleep?" Deceit asked, now having Virgil on his back.

"You two can sleep in my room!" Remus grabbed Deceit's arm and didn't let him answer. Remus' grip was strong, but not harsh. He led the boy through multiple halls, making sure that they didn't make a sound. Virgil started whimpering as he slept, holding tightly onto Deceit.

Remus soon stopped in front of a huge door. The room had two beds, though one was occupied. The room was all I down the middle. Half of the room was black and green, as the other half was red and white. "Over here" Remus said as he led him to his side of the room. "You can put Virgil on my bed." Deceit complied as he carefully put Virgil down, and covered him with the sheets.

"You can choose to sleep with him or on the floor with me!" Remus said in a loud voice. "I'll just sleep with Virgil." Deceit said as he climbed onto the bed, deciding to sleep over the sheets. A slight groan was heard from the other side of the room. A hand reached out to turn on the lamp. A small boy, almost identical to Remus rubbed his eyes and looked.

Pure confusion filled his face, as his hazel brown eyes glistening slightly. "Remus. Who are these people?" The boy asked, reaching for something near his bed. "Don't worry Roman, they're just my friends!" Remus said in a cheery tone. Roman froze for a bit and soon got off his bed walking towards them.

Roman looked closely at Deceit and then at Virgil. "Why did you bring them to our room?" Roman asked, tuning all his attention to his twin brother. "They needed a place to sleep, and they can't use the guest rooms." Remus said as he got his floor ready so that he can sleep.

Roman looked back at the two males, still unsure about the two. "Fine then, but we'll have to get them out first thing tomorrow." Roman warned his brother. Remus smiled and hugged Roman, mumbling a thank you. Soon enough all four boys were asleep.

♤The Next Day♤

Virgil was the first to wake. As he looked around the room, his pulse quickened. His anxiety grew, he then saw a familiar face. Janus. Virgil carefully woke him up, despite the fact that his hands were trembling. A small groan was heard from the male beside him. He opened his right eye and looked at Virgil, quickly getting up and comforting the boy before he had an attack.

"It's okay Virgil.. calm down.. take deep breaths.." Janus said in a soothing voice while rubbing circles on Virgil's back. Virgil slowly calmed down the Janus explained the events of the previous night. The twin brothers woke up some time after. All four started to come up with a plan to get Virgil and Deceit out, without being caught.

They soon waited for the clock to hit noon before putting there plan into action.

~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: First chapter of a new book. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter. I plan on updating this story weekly, along with another one that will be up soon. Thank you for reading my terrible writing♡

Also if you'd like to make a cover for this book, it would be greatly appreciated! Bye guys, gals, and non-binary pals, stay safe.