{3} Touch-starved (Moceit)

Requested by @abbysmiles99

Tw: touch-starvation, probably crying, general angst, but bits of fluff

Ship: Moceit, background Logince

Word count: 1316

I have a hc where Patton gets touch starved a lot easier then the others, so it gets quite severe

Patton rubbed his eyes as he woke up, yawning. He woke up pretty early, only Logan woke up before him. He woke up strictly at 6 am everyday. Patton hauled himself with some difficulty out of bed, grabbing his glasses off the nightstand as he rubbed his eyes. He spent a few minutes sorting out his mop of hair before he left his room.

As expected, Logan was already up, and sipping on a black coffee and reading a book on the couch. "Salutations, Patton," Logan greeted, glancing up from his book as he entered the room.

"Mornin, Lo," Patton yawned, making his way over the kitchen. He rubbed his eyes under his glasses as he pulled out the ingredients to make pancakes. "You want some pancakes, kiddo?" he asked, and Logan nodded, a small smile gracing his features.

"That would be enjoyable, thank you Patton." Logan said. Patton nodded, smiling. He presumed Logan wanted three, as usual, as they where how many he usually had.

By the time Virgil and Roman came downstairs, the air was filled with the sweet smell of pancakes. Patton was a great cook, and the others where useless, except surprisingly, Remus. Patton looked over his shoulder at the two. Roman looked awake and refreshed and Virgil looked terrible, but that was normal, as Virgil struggled with sleep.

Roman bounded over to his logical boyfriend, sweeping him up into his arms, making Logan jump and drop his book with a screech. Roman kissed Logan and Virgil made gagging sounds as he made his way to the kitchen, towards Patton.

"Good morning, Virgil!" Patton chirped brightly, sliding five pancakes onto a plate and handing them to Virgil. "There's strawberry sauce in the cupboard," Patton reminded him.
Virgil grinned. "Awesome," he murmured making his way over and opening the cupboards.

"Thanks, dad," Virgil said, and Patton smiled. "No problem kiddo!"

Virgil turned back to the living room and made vomiting noises when he saw Logan was still in Roman's arms and they where still kissing.

"Oh my gosh, get a room!" Virgil yelled, and the two broke apart. Logan was blushing (something only Roman could make him do), but Roman didn't seem at all embarrassed as he grinned at Virgil. Virgil rolled his eyes, sitting down and starting to eat his pancakes.

"Logan, your pancakes are ready! There's crofters in the fridge!" Patton called from the kitchen and Logan jumped up, going over to the kitchen.

"Ah, thank you Patton," Logan said, trying not to sound too excited as he took out a knife and lathered Loganberry crofters thickly over his pancakes. Patton smiled at him. "Roman, do you want whipped cream on your pancakes?" Patton called, and Roman shouted a yes in response. Patton smiled, grabbing it from the fridge and heaping a generous amount on his pancakes. Roman took his with a smile.

Roman patted Patton's shoulder (pun intended) while he thanked him before making his way over to the others. The place where Roman had touched tingled and Patton made a small, desperate sound, to quiet for Roman to hear. Patton stared at nothing for a second as longing took up every inch of him, before he shoved his feelings aside to deal with later. As he shook off the feeling of simultaneous happiness and horrible sadness that washed over him, he turned to Logan.

"Do you know if Janus will be joining us today? I can make him some pancakes and put them in the fridge if he wants them later," Patton said. He knew Remus had already eaten, due to the suspicious absence of rice, but no sign he'd cooked it, so he'd probably eaten it raw, then drunk boiling water.

Patton's question was answered for him when Janus came down the stairs. He and Logan had been working on the plan for Thomas's new video last night, hence why he'd asked Logan.

"Ah, there you are!" Patton said cheerily, masking the butterflies that jumped in his stomach at the small smile that crossed Janus's face. "Would you like some pancakes, Janus?"

Janus nodded through a yawn. Patton nodded, turning back to the stove. He could hear the faint sounds of Logan berating Roman for the amount of sugar he'd had with his pancakes and Virgil snickering with laughter.

🏳️‍🌈

The rest of the day wore on at a steady pace. The only unusual thing was that Patton had vanished. Janus had checked the usual spots and couldn't find him, so decided he'd go hunting for him. It took him a few minutes but he found him eventually, curled beneath a pile of blankets. Janus couldn't see his face, but his shoulders where shaking.

"Patton?" Janus asked, uncharacteristic concern lacing his voice. He really did care about Patton, maybe in more ways than just Platonic, but seeing Patton acting so withdrawn worried him. He'd seemed odd over the past few weeks, that beautiful smile of his not quite meeting his eyes.

Patton's head snapped up to face him, and he hastily wiped his eyes.
"O-oh, hi Janus," he greeted him, a fake cheeriness heavy in his voice. Janus sat on the bed infront of him, examining this face with his mismatched eyes. He had faint tear streaks down his face, visible in the dim light. He was trembling, and he hugged the blankets tight around him.

"Patton, what's wrong?" Janus asked, as gentle as he could. Patton shook his head. "I'm fine, really, don't worry about it!" he said, that fake happiness still evident in his voice. Janus looked at him, skeptical.

"You're really trying to lie to me? I'm literally the physical embodiment of deceit, I know when someone lies."

Patton sighed after a hesitation. "I just... Haven't been feeling good lately," he admitted quietly.

"Why not?" he asked, his tone uncharacteristically caring and worried. Patton thought, seemingly trying to find the right words to convey his feelings.
"It's like... An itch. Underneath my skin, that I can't do anything about. It longs for something. I want something, but I don't know what it is. It's hard to explain," he mumbled.

Janus tilted his head slightly. "Do you know what caused it? Like, are there any times when it gets stronger?"
Patton hesitated again, before nodding.

"This morning. Roman touched my shoulder, and a wave of it went over me," he explained. His tone was quiet, almost ashamed. It hurt Janus to hear him sound like that as he racked his brain for possibilities. After a moment of deliberation, he reached out, placing his glove covered hand atop Patton's. Patton took in a sharp breath and flinched slightly. Janus started to draw his hand away, but Patton grabbed his hand before he could. Janus met his gaze, startled at the look in his eyes, almost desperate as he looked pleadingly up at him and everything clicked into place in his mind.

"How long has it been since someone hugged you?" he asked softly. Patton just shook his head. Janus moved closer open his arms slightly. He was almost knocked down as Patton practically threw himself at him, tears gathering in his eyes and burying his head in his shoulder as a sob escaped him. Janus quickly wrapped his arms around him. Patton pressed close to him, burying his head in his shoulder, and he felt tears seep through the fabric of his shirt.

They stayed like that for a long while. Patton in Janus's arms, even after he stopped crying, his arms tightly around him. Janus made no move to pull away, content to sit there with him, for as long as Patton needed him too.