Chapter 37

Tom's POV:
4 more days have gone by, & Y/N still hasn't waken up. It's now Dec 9. Y/N's injuries on her face & her stomach have healed up pretty quickly, but her leg is taking a lot longer to heal. Gem has been doing pretty good since she only has a broken arm. The scratches on her face cleared up & left only a little scar on the side of her forehead. She'd also try to visit everyday like I would. Kate would go to the hospital usually every other day, & Zach would stop by occasionally. Ever since Gem knew Y/N was in a coma & has been in one, we haven't seen her happy sassy sarcastic self, & we all missed that. We needed that in a time like this. Yesterday I got a call from Jon Watts saying that I need to fly out to L.A. with Jacob & Z for a few interviews & viewing of some of the film since filming has practically wrapped up. I still haven't forgiven Z for what she did because part of me blames her for Y/N & Gem getting into a wreck, but I know I shouldn't. It's just also hard to be around her too. She still tries to flirt with me & talk to me off of set, but I ignored it best I could & would go hang out with Jacob because he's been helping me get through everything. I'm so thankful for him. I leave tomorrow. I wish I wasn't because I want to be there when she wakes up. To be able to see those beautiful eyes when she wakes up & to be able to kiss her soft pink lips again & never let her go again. Like a said though, this is real life. I can't just kiss her & make her magically wake up like how Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty or the Prince from Snow White woke up their princesses from their slumber. Those are just fairytales, movies, stories that aren't real.
••••Dec 10
It was now the next day. The day that I had to fly basically almost 3000 miles away from. I stopped by the hospital before I left to go see Y/N & her family.
T: "I'm sorry Y/N. I would stay as long as I could, but I have to fly to L.A. for my movie. I'm so sorry," I say my eyes watering as I hold her hand tight. "I'll be back as soon as I can. Don't get into any trouble," I chuckle as a tear escapes my eyes, & I wipe it away. "I'm giving your parents a letter I wrote for you if you decide to wake up when I'm gone. If that happens I wish I would've stayed, but I'll be glad that you're awake. I'll see you soon," I kiss her forehead moving a strand of her hair that has fallen in front of her face behind her ear. "Can you please give this to her if she wakes up? I really need for her to see this," I say reaching into my jacket pocket & pulling out an envelope with the letter I wrote for Y/N.
Mom: "Of course sweetheart," she says giving me a hug. "We'll keep it safe until she wakes up."
Dad: "And don't worry she won't get into too much trouble when your gone," he chuckles continuing my joke lightening the mood.
T: "I'm counting on it," I smile. "And thank you. I'll see you both in a couple days, but hopefully not too many."

Y/N's POV: Dec. 11
I start to hear the muffling sound of quiet voices & start to gain a little feeling in my hands. My fingers suddenly twitch. I feel my heart rate increasing & know because I can slightly hear the sound of a heart monitor. The voices start getting louder. I slowly start to wake up. My eyes finally start to barely flutter open & closed. The voices still getting louder.
???: "Y/N?!" I hear a faint cry. Maybe my mom. "Sweetheart?!" My eyes finally dart open in a look of shock. I suck in a sharp breath like I'm gasping for air because a tube is taped inside my mouth. I'm breathing heavily from panic & shock from just waking up & figuring out where I am.
Mom: "It's ok sweetheart. We're here," she grasps my hand tight. "Gem go get a doctor!" She runs out, & a doctor comes back in.
Doc: "Hey girlie!" He gives me a smile. "You're ok, you're ok now. We're gonna do a little check up & see how much longer you'll need to be here, & then you'll be good to go, ok?" He then takes the tubes out allowing me to breath on my own.
Y/N: "Thanks Doc," I try to shift my wait to get comfortable, & I wince in pain. "Ahh!" I grab my side & my leg. I only now realize I have a cast on my leg & a bandage on my stomach.
Doc: "I'll go a get you some medicine for the pain. Just don't try to get up & move around."
Y/N: "I've been in a coma for a while Doc can I please just go & move around?"
Doc: "I'll bring in a wheelchair & one of your family members can wheel you around ok?"
Y/N: "Fine," I roll my eyes.
Doc: "There's the Y/N we all know & love." He jokes. He is one of my dad's colleagues, so he's known our family for a long time. He & other nurses came back & did a few tests to make sure everything was fine. They said I could go home the next day. They then helped me get into the wheelchair & even still with Gem's broken arm she still wanted to push me around the hospital.
Y/N: "I'm so sorry I-"
G: "No please don't start. I'm just glad we both made it out Y/N. I don't want an apology ok? This isn't your fault."
Y/N: "But it is Gem I should've just let Kate take us home!" I say frustrated at myself because not only did I hurt myself, I hurt Gem.
G: "No-if I didn't try to hand you your phone you would've seen that car coming." I hear her sniffle.
Y/N: "Gem please don't cry. I'm alive. I'm here," I turn my head to face her & place my hand on her's. She then stopped & squatted in front of me holding my hand.
G: "I thought we lost you. Twice. I panicked both times. The first time when you were flatlining in the ambulance, & the other time when you were in surgery when they thought they were gonna lose you. I thought I was gonna lose my only sister, & that broke me." Tears rolled down her face.
Y/N: "I'm so sorry Gem. I-I didn't even know that." Tears rolled down my eyes as I brought her in for a hug that I didn't know I've been longing for. "But I'm not going anywhere ok," I smile. She nods.
G: "Tom came to see you."
Y/N: "He did?" I small smile appears on my face.
G: "Did you even see the texts he sent before we got hit?"
Y/N: "No not one. Why?"
G: "Well he wrote you a letter before he left that I think might explain everything."
Y/N: "How long was he here?"
G: "He got here the same day, hours after the wreck happened. He called Zach because he said he woke up with a feeling that you were hurt or in trouble. Zach called him back saying you were in a wreck, & he took off to see you in time. He's been here since yesterday." I bite my lip thinking about how sweet Tom is.
Y/N: "I can't believe he did that for me."
G: "He's a really good guy Y/N. You should definitely read that letter. We haven't read it, so don't worry. We didn't get into your personal stuff," she chuckles. "Let's go back to the room." We finally get back, & Gem leaves me in the wheelchair. "Here you go," she hands me the blue envelope, my favorite color, with my name written on it in Tom's perfectly bad handwriting. "We'll give you some time to read it by yourself." Everyone walks out giving me privacy to read it. I open the letter.