Chapter 35

Tom's POV:
Haz: "What do you mean, 'I need to leave now,' Tom? It's 1:30 A.M."
T: "So?!" I say furiously. "It's Y/N, Haz. The girl that I am falling in love with! My girl!" My voice cracks as a tear slowly falls from my eye. "And she's in this mess because of me! Because of me Haz! I-I need to see her. I need to be there right beside her. I should've been there. I-I'm leaving." I say going back to my room, changing, packing my bags, & heading out to catch the earliest flight to NY. "Im coming for you, Y/N. Hang on for me love." I say to myself as the plane takes off.

Gem's POV:
I gasp as I wake up starting to breath heavily, tears falling from my eyes because I'm unsure of where I am. I feel something in my arm in this dark room that I'm in. My breathing gets heavier. I try to rip what seems to be the IV in my arm & the other stuff rip it out. I guess that means we made it to the hospital. "gah," I groan from the pain of ripping it out. As soon as I do my heart monitor starts beeping crazily. A nurse rushes in.
N1: "Gemma! Sweetie what are you doing?" The lady runs up to me.
G: "I-I umm," I sit up. "Where.. where's my sister?" I look around the room with the lights now turned on, & I don't see her or my parents.
N1: "Gemma calm down. Y/N is in surgery right now. She's been there for a while now."
G: "So she didn't flatline?"
N1: "She did in the ambulance on the way here. They got her back though."
G: "Is she gonna be ok? Please tell me she is." My lip starts to quiver.
N1: "This surgery is determining that. Her injuries are worse than we thought. She hasn't woken up at all which means she's in a coma because of the impact of the other car & the big gash on the side of her face. She broke her leg & the thing that made her lose a lot of blood which started to make her flatline was the piece of glass stuck in her side. It was a pretty deep cut."
G: "What?!" I say tears streaming down my red puffy bruised face. "So-umm," I cough to clear the knot in my throat. "You're telling me she might not make it?"
N1: "It just depends I'm sorry Gemma. Your parents are on the floor where Y/N is having surgery. Do you want me to get them?"
G: "Yes please." Suddenly another nurse comes rushing into my room.
N2: "Hey we need you on the 2nd floor now!" My eyes widen in fear.
G: "Is that Y/N?" my eyes peering from one nurse to the other. (Remember that I took the IV & other stuff that was hooked up to me out of my arm.) The nurse nods.
N: "We need to get up there now because we need all the help we can get. We might lose her!"
G: "No-no-no..." I try to push myself off the hospital bed but fall from feeling so weak & land on my broken arm. "ARGHH!" I scream out in pain. They both rush over to me trying to help me. I grab one of them with my good arm. "Sh-she can't die.." my heart rate quickens. "ohmygosh. I-I n-need to see her!"
N1: "You have to stay her sweetie."
G: "No...no you don't-you don't understand." I say tightening my grin on her as she starts to stand up, & I start to panic.
N1: "Shhh,"she tries to calm me.
N2: "We have to go NOW! I need help in here!" She yells out the door to whoever was out there. I'm guessing she was explaining what was happening in here. Another nurse came back in with a shot & walked over towards me where the nurse was trying to hold me down.
N3: "It's gonna be ok," she kneels down because I was still on the floor.
G: "No...I-I need to see her," I struggle to release the nurse's grip that is holding me down from getting up. "You can't do this!" I scream with tears in my eyes. I lay my head back on the floor giving up bc they won't take me to her.
N3: "We'll bring her back to you," she says calmly trying to give me hope. "We aren't gonna give up on her." She says as she sedates me.
G: "Tell her I love her will ya?" I say as I doze off.

Tom's POV:
I had finally made it to Queens. It was only a 2hr flight, but it felt like eternity. I tried to get some rest on the plane, but my mind was racing with thoughts about Y/N & if she was going to be ok or was it already too late. I tried to think about all the good memories we had together just to make me smile because I didn't know how I was gonna get through this but just thinking of her, her smile, her laugh, it took my mind off of what happening. Once I got off the plane, I had Zach text me the address to the hospital that Y/N & Gem were at. I rushed into the hospital & asked the receptionist where Y/N & Gem were. I run up the stairs bc I didn't want to wait for the elevator & right when I made it to their floor I see Kate pacing outside the door Gem was in & hopefully Y/N too. She looks & sees me. She jogs over to me & embraces me with a tight & worried hug.
K: "You made it!"
T: "I had to come. I took the earliest flight here once Zach told me. I feel so awful."
K: "I know," she gives me a weak smile. I then explained to her the whole situation that actually happened with Z & how she kissed me, but I didn't kiss back. "I'm so sorry Tom," she hugs me again.
T: "I just hope she knows that I didn't mean for that to happen & that I would NEVER do that to her.
K: "I tried to tell her that but she just wouldn't listen. Do you want to see her?"
T: "Wait? She's-she made it?!" I say with now happy tears. Kate nods.
K: "But the only thing is that she hasn't waken up at all this whole time. There's a slight chance she might not wake up though."
T: "But she's alive & that's all that matters right now."