Chapter 10

Zach's POV:
Dean & I got changed, & since Dean got done first, he already left the locker room. After I got dressed I walk out of the locker room & see Y/N give something to Dean. What is that? Please tell me she didn't just give him her number. Uhh!!! What has gotten into Y/N today? Ever since Dean has come here it's like she's changed. Not changed, changed, but with guys. Dean is truly the first guy she honestly seems to be open & interested in talking to. She normally doesn't give a second thought to guys who try to flirt with her because all the guys here are just wanting to date Y/N because of her looks. But I'll have to admit there is something different about him. Like I said he's hiding something, but I still do think he might be a good guy. I watched as Dean & Y/N talked to each other. Since I've known Y/N for some years now I picked up on some ticks she does when she's nervous in front of a guy she likes. She was fidgeting with one of the back of her earrings & slightly tilting her head and was lightly rocking back and forth. She always did that when talking to a guy she liked. I could see her smiling and laughing as they were joking or talking about what she gave him, & when she ever liked a guy her smile grew even bigger & her laugh was always a little louder & funnier than before. She had an amazing laugh that made you want to laugh every time she laughed. Everyone loved her laugh & knew her laugh. Part of me was unsure on how I felt about them potentially liking each other & maybe going out. Yes. I know, I know what you're thinking. I'm going to come up with some elaborate plan to make this not happen at all, but I'm not. Ok maybe but the thought has crossed my mind. I just need to see if he's worthy of dating Y/N, & I just need to intimidate him a bit without Y/N noticing. I just want to hide it from Y/N because I did tell her a while back that I did have feelings for her, but she just thought we just worked better as friends. Yep I got friend zoned, but I just need to figure out my feelings & figure out if Dean is who he says he is, and then I'll act accordingly depending on what I find out.
K: "Staring at Y/N & Dean?" She said as she approached me startling me & my thoughts. "I think they would make a cute couple."
Z: "What?! I'm surprised you would say that. I thought you were all googly eyed over him?"
K: "AM NOT!" She says pushing me. "I just think he's really attractive, but no I just think he's really REALLY attractive. I think they would look really cute together. There's something about Dean that has kind of changed Y/N, and I like it. I think he makes her nervous and I think he could push her a little out of her comfort zone. Do you see the way she's fidgeting and rocking?" And yep Kate knows Y/N's nervous fidgeting habits when she's with a guy she's interested in.
Z: "I know, I know!" I didn't mean to say it as harshly as I intended, but I covered my mouth out of embarrassment. "Sorry."
K: "Zach...do you still like Y/N? You can't keep this from me I'm one of your best friends!"
Z: "What?! Psh...No..."
K: "Ok what's going on?"
Z: "I don't know it's just seeing her with a guy that she might like and him might liking her back & seeing her nervous makes all the feelings come back and... " I sigh. "I don't know him, & it bothers me to not know who he is because I still feel like he's hiding something. Something big!
K: "Why don't you just go talk to him about it?"
And that's what I did the bell rang, & I headed to go talk to Dean. I see as Y/N & Dean part going separate ways down the hall so I decided to approach him.
Z: "Hey Dean!!" I say a little loud but not yelling. "I need to talk to you!!"