Chapter 15

Y/N's POV:
Y/N: "Gem! Let's go! I don't want to be late!" I say yelling at her so we're not late for school.
G: "I'm coming! Apparently someone hasn't had their coffee yet," she says with her usual sass.
Y/N: "True, but if we get out the door in time I can pick myself up some coffee," I say returning the sass right back to her. We then leave for school picking up coffee and breakfast up at Dunkin' Donuts. We finally arrive at school.
G: "Are we not going in?" She says after just sitting there in the student parking lot for 5 min.
Y/N: "Huh? Oh yah, but first-don't embarrass me in front of Dean ok? Don't make those sassy comebacks you always have that are stuffed up in that crazy brain of yours, ok?"
G: "Fine!" She says crossing her arms & rolling her eyes at me. "But if it slips out, it slips out. That's what you get for being my sister."
Y/N: "And I'm so thankful for that."
G: "Hey if I got to cut the sass, you have to cut the sarcasm. Deal?"
Y/N: "Fine. Deal." We shake hands.
We walk into school & head to where my locker is because my friends usually gather there in the morning before classes start.
K: "Hey Gem glad you're back."
G: "Me too! Y/N told me about the cute guy, Dean was it?"
K: "Yah Dean! Let me tell you he is BEYOND CUTE. He is HOT!!"
G: "A HOT guy? At this school? No?! And he likes Y/N? Something is definitely wrong with him."
Y/N: "You are this close to not meeting him." And right when I said that here he comes walking down the blue & yellow hallway looking even hotter than he did yesterday. How is that possible? But somehow he was. He walked with such confidence, how could he do that especially when you're new? It was like he owned this place. He was literally strutting it looked like, & he was running his hands through his soft curly brown hair. I turned back to subtly point out Dean to Gem, but I think she would remember his face. She just stood their jaw dropped, practically drooling.
G: "Y-Y-Yo-You? H-H-Hi-Him?" She said stuttering as she pointed to Dean & then back at me. "T-Th-There's n-no w-w-way?! Right Kate?" Kate just shrugged her shoulders.
K: "I'm sorry Gem, but yep it's true."
G: "Kate you were right this guy is hot! Y/N you didn't give this guy enough credit last night at dinner."
Y/N: "Well I would've if mom & dad weren't at the table, but yah. And You honestly don't believe me? Well you're about to see."
He finally reached to where we were standing, & I went to hug him before I introduced him to Gem.
T: "Hey Y/N!" He said while hugging me. I then whispered in his ear...
Y/N: "You're about to meet my sister. I'm just warning you-she can be a little crazy sometimes." He just just gave a soft laugh as we pulled away.
Y/N: "Dean I would like for you to meet my sister, Gemma, or as I call her Gem."
T: "Well it's nice to meet you Gem.."
G: "Only MY friends call me Gem, I don't know you, so you can call me Gemma." I look over to Dean giving him the look of 'I told you so.'
Y/N: "Hey!" I said snapping at Gem. "What did we just talk about in the car? Cut the sass," I say through gritted teeth.
G: "Oops!" She says still not caring. "And I said if it slips then that's what you get for being related to me. Well I better head off to class." She then walks away waving while her back is facing us saying, "BYE LOVER BOY!!!" I just face palm myself & turn around to face Dean.
Y/N: "I'm so sorry about that, her," I say as my face is turning red from embarrassment.
T: "It's ok!" He shrugs & laughs. "She can't scare me off."
Y/N: "At least I warned you!" I say laughing.
T: "Yah, hopefully she'll like me eventually."
Y/N: "She probably already does. She's just doing this to get on my nerves. Gotta love sisters." I say as my sarcasm starts comes back after Gem left.
T: "Hey the offer still stands," he says giving me that charming smile of his as my heart just melts looking into those brown eyes.
Y/N: "I might just take you up on that offer," I say laughing. "Well we should probably head to class now."
The rest of the day flew by. Dean & I talked most of the time in whatever classes we had together, getting to know each other better. He actually did better than he did yesterday-actually answering questions, even though he chose to answer the easy questions. Most likely because he didn't want to be embarrassed. I don't blame him though. Sometimes during the day though I would catch him staring at me, & then he sometimes would either turn away quickly or he would give me that cute soft smile & I would laugh if he turned away quickly or smile if he smiled when I caught him staring. There really was something different about him. You could see it in his eyes-that he cared about me & wanted to know who I really am, & I really admired that about him. But he also was a mystery as well. A stranger who showed up weeks later after school started. Maybe Zach was right-he was hiding something, but that didn't stop me from wanting to know him not because he was hiding something maybe, but because I truly & genuinely wanted to know who he was. Maybe I'll take him up on his other offer-A Date. The school day ended, & I went to my locker to get my books for the weekend since it's Friday to take home. I then see Dean walking up to me, & I get butterflies in my stomach.
T: "Hey Y/N!" He says hugging me. "Hey I was wondering..." he says nervously while scratching the back of his neck.
Y/N: "Hey I thought you learned how to finish your sentences?" I say teasing him & lightly pushing him.
T: "Hey!" He says pushing me back. "Let me finish I'm just nervous ok?" Ok maybe I shouldn't have said that.
Y/N: "Hey, why are you nervous?," I ask being more serious because he's being serious. "Talk to me," I say pulling him into a hug. He then pulls out of the hug & says,
T: "To be honest...I've never met a girl like you. You're just someone who cares to get to know me & your funny, sarcastic, pretty, & I could go on & on, but I'm so nervous whenever I'm around you." He says while looking at the ground. I pull up his chin so our eyes meet & I smile, & he smiles back. I knew where this was going.
Y/N: "I was going to ask you this, but I'm assuming this is where this was headed, so yes, I'll go out with you this weekend."
T: "Really?" He says with our eyes still locked on each other's. I nod my head, & he hugs me tight spinning me around as I laugh. "I'll text you tonight ok?"
Y/N: "Ok!!! I'll be waiting!!!"
He then walks off out the door, & I can hear him yell from excitement, & I just shake my head, smile, & roll my eyes.