Chapter 35

I told my dad that I was going to bed early and locked my room door. I told myself that I can't just sit back waiting for something to happen. What no one else seemed to get is, the bullet wasn't aimed for me. It can't have been. I think it was aimed at Phil, and I got in the way. They need me alive right now. Why else would they have made a deal to meet me in Bibury a week from now? They could have just summoned me as soon as soon as they can, if they wanted to kill me. And if Alex was originally sent to stalk me, they could have very well instructed him, or anyone to kill me.
Why exactly they want me alive, I don't know.
The worst that can come from me leaving to go to the fair is the Serpents spy on me, or possibly try to kidnap me. That can be good because this will stop them from getting to know what Landon and Harry are up to. They won't kidnap me, if I reassure them that I'm going to Bibury.

Yana: Can you confirm to them I'll still be coming to Bibury? Ask them to send a video of Farren talking.
John: On it.

At the same time, I got a text in the group chat.
Laura: OMG. Did Amelia just text us? Am I dreaming?
Shelly: Give her a break, Laura. Let her spend her holidays however she wants.
Yana: Haha...sorry I have been so busy. I need to tell you guys something.
Shelly: Sure. Is everything ok?
Laura: Mel, u ok?
Yana: I'd rather explain everything in person.
Laura: I'll kick Alex's ass if it was him
Laura: That fool had no idea what he has done
Yana: No.. it's not him. Can we meet?
Shelly: Sure. You met Winter right? The waitress in the cafe overlooking the sea?
Shelly: We were going to meet at her house to dress up for the party
Yana: Oh can we go to the fair first?
Laura: Yh
Shelly: Ooooh that's fun! Harvey loves the fair.
Laura: Ahh no, not the puke fest again. We get it. You are happy. You are in love.
Shelly: Shut your gob. U r just jealous
Laura: whatever. Mel, I'll text u the address, meet you in fifteen.
Yana: ok
Shelly: Remember to bring your dress and make up!!!

I switched my phone off and put it on charge, I was on 90%, but you can never be too safe. I started packing the Lilac dress that I bought, and the pathetic excuse for makeup that I had, and a water bottle in the draw string bag. I hid the flame pin carefully in my spectacle case and put it at the bottom of my bag. I missed the dragon pin, it sure would be useful to know what people were thinking, but I don't regret giving it to Landon. Landon and Harry need it more.

My head still hurt a little bit, and I took out the peacock pin to try my luck again. I started feeling the magnetic force again, and after just two seconds, I felt my head clear up. I jumped in excitement. Thank you, Jesus.
I kissed the peacock pin for dramatic effect and put it back in my hair.

I opened the door to see the guards lined up. That is just perfect. I should have known my dad would increase the protection after all that has happened. I'm not climbing out the window. It's a pretty steep fall, and no way, I'm recovering from it even with the peacock pin.
That is completely fine.
The girls were fine with coming to the safe house. They were really worried at first, and told me we can skip the fair and party and have indoor girls night. I love them, but indoor girls night? Like a teenage slumber party? It made me laugh out.
I texted my dad asking if it was ok for a few friends to visit me.
Dad: I thought you were sleeping.
Dad: Are you feeling better?
Dad: Yana, are you sure?
Dad: I don't think it's a good idea.
Yana: Um... it was more like a rhetorical question?
Dad: Alright, but I'm sending Maddie. She will body check your friends and stay in the room with you till they leave.

That's ok. We like Maddie. We can convince Maddie. I told myself to calm myself down. I completely despise being told what to do. This wasn't ideal, I'm going to have to tell Shelly, Winter and Laura almost everything. But the truth isn't going to hurt anyone now, and I know these girls are innocent and wouldn't dream of betraying me. Sure, I thought the same about Alex, but he didn't betray me. He is risking his life for my sake. Again.

I texted out almost everything on my phone and saved on notes to give them to read. I tried to add jokes in, so it wouldn't be too boring and long. But it's hard. It took me ten minutes to type up the whole thing and as I saw the situation spelt out in words, my eyes began getting cloudy. I lay on my bed, letting the thoughts swallow me. So many unanswered questions... and I only had a week to figure it out. I need to go out tonight. To gather as much information as I can, and even if I don't succeed, I need to do something tonight, even if I just end up partying with the girls. It sounds really irresponsible, and the thought fills me with guilt, but I need this. Harry and Landon are on their way to the house, and it's really stressful thinking about it. The whole situation has been out of my hands, and the feeling of helplessness just has to stop.

To kill time before the girls come, I opened my phone to read some more of the book that Alex sent me pictures of. I stared at the front page for a long time. Rhea. C.
Rhea. C. was the author.

Why did it seem really familiar?

Yana: Dad.
Dad: Yh? Do you need something? Do you want me to come over?
Dad: No, Yana. I'm sorry. But Maddie is going to stay in the room with you and your friends.
Dad: That is non negotiable, if you want your friends to come over.
Yana: I have a question.
Dad: I know you don't like it... I'm sorry.
Dad: But I know you prefer Maddie being in the room as opposed to me being in the room.
Yana: Oh my god, dad. Stop.
Yana: it's fine. I don't mind.
Yana: Isn't mom's full name Addison Rhea Penelope Alderidge?
Yana: Isn't she named after great aunt Rhea?
Dad: Yes, your mom was named after your great aunts Rhea and Penelope Charmichael.

Rhea Charmichael.
Rhea.C.

If you enjoy reading this book, check out my Instagram page @neve.angela_xx for the cast, memes and more updates!!!
Thank you for your support!