Chapter 28

"Amelia, what the hell are you doing? Put the gun down," Alex said.

But a sudden thought had struck me and I started to hit the buttons on my phone as I typed, "What information have you been feeding them about me? You told them that we were going to break into the library, didn't you? That's how they knew." It clicked into place as I realised why we were interrupted. Alex didn't help me; he betrayed me.

"Wait, no, Mel, that's not what you think," he stammered. I didn't want to hear his explanation, but I didn't have anything else to say so I let him speak. "They trusted me and I needed to give them information every now and then so they wouldn't send someone more dangerous in to spy on you."

I typed, "Yeah, I wish that would've happened. Then I wouldn't feel like an idiot for trusting you right now, and I wouldn't have to push you away knowing that you betrayed me."

I could see the hurt swimming in his eyes, but he still tried to plead with me. "If I wanted them to catch you, they would have. They turned up after you had gotten what you wanted, remember? And who was it that got us out in time?"

I clutched the gold hard metal and my finger flickered around by the trigger and I made sure Alex knew that I wouldn't hesitate to hurt him if I needed to.

"It's still me," he continued. "We both know that you will not shoot me. Lower your gun and tell me why you bought me here." He said in a stern voice which indicated he was done apologising. He is sadly mistaken if he thinks that I won't pull the trigger. I smirked at him. Landon looked calm but I could see his anger lurking behind his eyes. I nodded swiftly at him before looking at Alex dead in the eyes. I hate him to my core, right now, I kept making sure that he got that from the way I looked at him.

I moved my gun down and back up, swiftly to indicate him to drop his gun.

"Listen Amelia, I don't want to hurt you or your friend. I just came to help you. Now what's going on? Is this guy your friend. I will drop my gun if that'll get you to tell me what's wrong." He looked worried and that just drove me mad. He didn't get to act all worried after being sent to spy on me. He lied to me and I will never forgive him for it. I continued to stare at him as he dropped his gun and raised his hands.

Landon looked at me, impressed. I didn't risk moving the gun away from Alex. There is no way I'm trusting Alex again.

"Hey buddy, I think it's time we all had a talk." Landon mocked him by talking to him like a preschooler.

"I think that's a good idea but I would appreciate it if I didn't have to stare at the gun the whole time. Amelia, I'm not going to hurt you. Just put down the gun, please." I looked at Landon for advice and he did a brief nod. I lowered my gun and looked away as I could feel Alex's eyes bored into my skull.

"Ok, long story short we all know that you are the backstabbing bastard and that you got Phil tied up. We want you to help us get her back." Landon started speaking to avoid any awkwardness. I looked at Alex and panic flared from his eyes. I could see the beads of sweat starting to form on his head and he moved his hands around a lot. I had a sudden moment of glee as I watched him struggle. I know it sounds psychopathic but I have had enough people lying to me. I was also partly angry at myself for letting Alex get close to me.

"I..I don't know what you are talking about. Who's phil? Sorry, but can I talk to Amelia?" I started typing as soon as Alex started talking.

"CUT THE CRAP. DON'T YOU DARE PLAY INNOCENT. I STILL HAVE THE GUN AND I SWEAR I WILL NOT HESITATE TO SHOOT YOU." I flashed the words in his face and watched as he looked back at me with sad eyes.

"Way to keep calm, princess." Landon said with a smirk. I looked at him with rage that was still swarming my body that he looked away towards the ground muttering ,"sorry."

"Amelia, I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't mean t-" Alex stopped speaking as I started punching the screen to my phone to respond to him before he could finish his confession.

"I don't want to hear your sob story. Honestly, I don't have the time for it and I couldn't care less about what you have to say. So, shut it and tell us how to get to Philipa and come up with a plan to rescue her. Don't you dare think about screwing us over again." I shoved it close to his face, being a little more aggressive than necessary. Hurt spread like wildfire beyond his eyes but I refused to acknowledge them. He should have known about the consequences of his actions.

"Ok...I'll help. It's the least I can do." Alex replied.

"Woah, that was easier than expected." Landon said looking relieved. I looked at him with warning in my eyes.

"Ok, tell us everything you know that could help us retrieve Philipa." I typed swiftly and showed it Alex.

"Philipa is going to get moved to another location soon and you only have an hour to get to her before security is heightened around her. I suggest that we move fast. In about 15 minutes, one of Philipa's guards is going to leave for a break and that is when we have to move in. I'll distract the other guard while you move in and get Philipa. I can't guarantee that I'll be able to give you a lot of time, so you have to be quick. There are two dogs, Rufus and Marcus and they like to play rough. Luckily, they like me so I should be able to distract them while you sneak inside. I know the plan seems simple but we should go in with a simple plan and adapt becuase we don't have enough time to plan every single detail." Alex relayed the information in what I'm guessing was an attempt to make us trust him but the information was detailed and was sounding really useful. As much I hated doing it, I had to trust Alex. It was our only chance of saving Philipa.

"What? Where are they moving her? Why are they moving her? Why did they kidnap her in the first place? Or should I say why did you kidnap her?" Landon snapped at him. So much for being the good cop.

"Some people paid us a lot of money to track her down and kidnap her. I'm sorry I didn't know we were kidnapping anyone until the last minute. I wouldn't have gone through with it. If I had known. Anyways, we should really get a move on if we have any chance of helping Philipa." Alex replied.

"Ok, let's go."