Chapter 24

"The pin?" I mouthed, disbelieved. "And what I'm seeing right now, is that the pin's authentic form?"

"Yeah" he said, handing me the twin of my own pin. The jade crystals lined up to reveal a sleeping dragon. As I handled the cool crystals with my palm, the lights of the festival rides reflected and twinkled in the pin. I reached back and pulled out the pin in my hair, letting my hair loose and fall around my face. I held Farren's blue- green peacock pin and Landon's jade pin in my palm, letting him see the reality of both.

"They're beautiful" he said. "Both of these came from your family. So the third pin must be somewhere in your house."

I remembered Harry's texts and decided to keep my mouth shut. Harry had the last pin. But there was no way I was telling Landon that information. For all I knew, Harry's prophecy actually meant Landon could betray me. I couldn't trust him yet.

"How did you just happen to 'find' the pin?" I typed, getting a bit suspicious.

"I'll tell you but I think we could be easily heard or recorded up here. There's CCTV cameras everywhere. Let's go on the rides. I'll even let choose." He winked at me.

"Ahhh how nice of you." I typed. "let's go on the Ferris wheel, the sea would look beautiful", I looked at him with puppy eyes, really excited.

We went over and I sat in one of the Ferris wheel seats. Landon pressed a few buttons and lightly ran to our booth, jumping in right before it took off the ground, swinging it with his force. I shrieked in surprise as he plopped himself beside me.

"Okay go." I typed, gesturing him to tell me about the pin.

"Well, I didn't even know that it existed till a few days ago. But a few weeks ago, I was reading from the pictures of manuscript that I have on my phone, and I found out some very interesting facts that made me go back to my house and search" He said.

Our booth began to gain a bit of pace, and he gripped the bars.

"The manuscript said that the three pins are sisters, made from the hands of the same craftsman, and almost identical to one another. It said that fate doesn't allow the three pins to stray away from each other for along time. The key to keeping them safe is not to let one person possess all three, but have three separate people who will stay close to one another possess one each."

"Farren has one." I typed. I knew that Harry had one. "So my mom trusted you with the pin because of the bond that you had with me all those years? But I wasn't even born when she gave you the pin, she couldn't possibly know that we would grow up together as best friends."

"I don't know how she knew. But she didn't know everything- that we would slowly drift apart from one another." He said.

"Yeah, but now we're back in each other lives, and we have to trust each other more than ever now." I mouthed. "Maybe she saw it in a prophecy. That's the only way she would know for sure. There had to be an oracle before Harry."

"Mmm" he nodded. "As soon as I read the manuscript, I remembered that your mom gave me a Pin when I was born. It wasn't anything special to look at, but it held an emotional value to her. Mother had told me that we lost it in a few days- it just disappeared completely." He took a deep breath.
"And I had a crazy thought- since I was a baby possessing a magic pin that could reflect the illusion of whatever caught my attention, my mom probably saw the pin as a toy car, or a glass of water, or a bunch of keys. Which meant that it was kept hidden for a few years, and when I turned five years or six, everyone forgot about it.
Do you remember the week where I completely disappeared? I went back to England, to my childhood home. It wasn't very difficult to find. It was in a box with all of my childhood toys."