Chapter 33

Harry was here all along! How could I have not known? This small town, and I had never even seen a glimpse of vibrant blue hair anywhere. It was almost unbelievable.

Yana: Harry, are you in Russel?

Harry: Yeah, why?

I flipped the sheets off of me and climbed out of bed. My head was throbbing painfully and my vision had gone blurry after I had gotten up but I didn't mind that at the moment. Clutching the wall as I walked in a futile attempt to stop the room spinning, I guided myself to the door, only to find something solid and squishy blocking my path.

"Yana, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Landon asked with a sigh. I tried to reply to him, but he didn't know sign language and I was too disoriented to get my phone out. "Look, let me guide you back to your bed, and you can tell me there." I didn't want to waste any time, but having Landon on my side probably would be helpful, especially when I'm in this state.

He scooped me up in his arms just like he had carried Phil.

"Yeah but Phil was lighter than you," he teased.

Idiot. Wait, how did you do that? You don't have the pin. I thought, as he dropped me onto the bed.

"Yana. Think something!" He ordered. What the hell was he doing?

"And now think something!" He said again, but this time he placed his hand gently on my arm. What the fuck.

"I was right," he laughed. "I can hear you when I'm touching you. It's like I can use the power of the pin when my body's in contact with yours."

Gross.

"Oh, princess. You know you're loving this," he smiled as he softly traced his hand along my arm, up my neck and to my cheek. His body leaned in close as he brushed my chin with his finger, pulling my face towards his. Even though we hadn't done anything yet, I suddenly forgot about everything important and fireworks were going off inside me, making my legs tremble, but I couldn't let him know that. "I can hear everything you're thinking right now," he smirked. Get the hell off, I thought and I whipped his arm down.

He just laughed, but the pin let me hear his frustration as I pushed him away.

"Too bad," I mouthed. "We can't afford distractions."

"Who are you trying to convince, princess?" He raised his eyebrows at me.

I snatched his hand back, in an unromantic squeeze, making him flinch.

"Jesus, Yana."

Listen to me. Harry is here. In Russel. We have to find him. He knows where the crystal for the third pin is hidden, and we have to go and get it before anyone else does.

"Crystal?" He asked, and I showed him the pin. "Even so, Harry isn't here. His safe house is somewhere else. I'm certain of that."

No, look. I showed him the texts. Ms Teapot was my boss! The librarian in the mall. You're not telling me that it's a coincidence? He even told me he was in Russel.

He stared at the texts for a second before replying. "I don't think it's a coincidence but it is highly unlikely. Okay, Yana, I'll look into it, don't worry. I'll find out where Harry and John are supposed to be and maybe I can arrange a meeting. But don't tell anyone about this because it might alert the people who are hiding the information." I nodded. "On one condition, though."

What?

"Please just stay in bed until you've healed. Do you think you're doing yourself a favour by being a walking target for people who want to kill you?"