found who's mate?

Conner POV

I was contempt to staying in my bed forever. I didn't even try finding Melody anymore. I left it to my pack members.

I stared blankly at the television screen. My eyes burned when I closed them, from staring at the bright screen, playing some movie I was no longer paying attention to.

There was a harsh knock on my door. I didn't have enough energy to talk. So I just groaned, hoping they heard.

When I heard the door creek open and hit the wall with much force, I knew they heard me.

"Alpha! Alpha!" My pack warrior exclaimed.

"Whhhhhaaatttt?" I dragged out.

"We have a hit!" He responded.

"You got hit?" I didn't care that he got hit!" He needs to man up, I thought.

"No alpha! We got a hit! On where Luna is!"

I shot up from my bed, looking him in the eyes. I quickly jumped out of bed and looked for my shirt. Finding it, I ran out with it in hand and into the conference room.

•~•

Melody's POV

I sat back up, leaning over the toilet, letting the bile rise in my throat and out my mouth.

I crawled toward the sink, I used the cabinet handle that was located under the sink to help me up and put all my weight on the counter. I washed my face off, and garggled water.

I took a deep breath and stared at myself in the mirror. I ran my finger slightly over the bruise forming on my cheek.

Jace came in and leaned on the doorway. He had a white rag, and was wiping between his fingers. The ,once, white rag had blotches of red stained on it.

He stared me right in the eye.

"Why?" I whispered.

He took threatening steps toward and grabbed my aching hips.

"You were mine first." He restated.

Tears pricked my eyes, Jace was never like this.

He was sweet and kind, but now he was harsh. He would never hurt me, and he would do anything for me. But in middle school we never dated. So when he tells me 'You were mine first' I really never understood.

"Jace please let me go." I said letting my gaze fall to the granite counter.

"Sweet Melody, someone will have to tie me down with silver chains, to get you away from me." His smile was sincere. "Or something to change my feelings for you."

Tears flowed from my eyes.

"Oh, baby don't cry." He said wiping tears off my cheek, careful of my bruises and cuts. Then soon his smile turned into a hard straight face.

His grip vanished from my hips and he took steps back slowly. He kept looking back, as if he were worried.

But then he cracked a smile. He ran back into the hallway and somewhere unknown. He soon came back with a hot washcloth, pushing it in my face. He set down an aid kit.

He roughly and quickly cleaned my face. He striped me of my clothes and sat me on the toilet.

He cleaned and bandaged my body. He stood me up, giving me clean clothes, he kissed my cheek and started pushing me toward the front door.

He unlocked the many locks on the door, that was put there when I first tried to run.

He frantically pushed me out the door, pushing me into a girl. Jace gently pushed me aside, so he was closer to her.

She was really, really thin. Like she had been starved. And she had dirty, tarnished clothes. Jace grabbed her hips, bringing her closer and lifted her chin.

He softly chuckled to himself. "You can go in there, shower and you can wear my clothes. And uh... the codes to the locks are all 8301. I'm going to take her home. And I'll be right back." The whole time she didn't say a word just started at him, nodding.

He gave her a slight push into the house, and turned back to me.

"Who is she?" I let the curiosity get to me.

Smile still on his face he answered "My mate."

My eyes went wide.

"Let's take you home."