rough mates

Conners POV

It wasn't supposed to happen this way. She wasn't supposed to find out like this.

'Or at all' my wolf chimed in.

"Who was she! Is that your mate? Because If so, you need to reject her! It is not like she is as pretty as our daughter!" The mother said, I didn't bother remembering her name.

Her daughter's eyes got wide when she said that. She opened her mouth as to as something, but closed it when her father put a hand on her shoulder.

When I looked to Melody she had her head down and she had shrunken down.
I felt my wolf try to force his way to the surface.

She rambled on "And we made this deal last month to--" I cut her off.

"No! You and my parents made this plan, not me. I refused to sign those papers then and I will now. Now either leave or be escorted out." I said though clenched teeth, trying to keep my wolf at bay. The parents both stood side by side ready to walk out, but there daughter didn't move. There she sat in the chair.

"Jessica, let's go." Her father said.

"I'm not going with you, your just want me to marry an alpha so you can get power. I want to find my mate!" She explained.

"Jessica no--" for the second time the mother was cut off, with Jonathan bursting though the door, without knocking, as always.

"Conner do you ---" Jonathan cut his sentence short when he saw Jessica. He rushed over to side and snatched her.

When her father came back to retrieve her Jonathan stood up and scooted her behind him.

"Move away from my daughter." Her father said stern.

"No, she's mine!" Jonathan didn't look like he wanted to talk about it. And I guess her father saw that face too because he looked at his daughter for confirmation when she didn't move he and his wife stomped out.

Melody was still sitting, head down, on my desk. I was just about to explain to Jonathan about how happy I was for him and his mate when I heard a sniffle come from my mate.

I carefully picked her up and left my brother and Jessica looking at us with concern.

______

Once we enter my room I gently put her on the bed and waited till she looked up. Which took a while.

"When's the wedding?" Her tone was plain, but I could her a touch of anger and sadness.

"I can't believe this" she mumbled to herself. "What did I do to make God hate me, to where I've had a family that rapes and beats me, I get put into wolf slavery beaten by pack members, now I have an abusive mate who is getting married to someone else." She cried. As the tears slid down her face there was this stabbing in my stomach. This nagging pain.

"I am sorry Melody, I really am." Was all I could say.

She looked up at me. Her big green eyes red and puffy.

"Sorry is nothing but a word without a meaning." Her words were hurtful, but true. If I was really sorry I would prove it.

"Okay, I'll prove it, I will."

Melodys pov

He walked out with this determined look on his face. I just sat there worried. What if he really choses some other girl over me. It wouldn't be much of a surprise, but I would fall to pieces. Im already broken as it is. I get under the blankets and snuggle into them, but I didn't plan on sleeping. I just sat there thinking about how this could all go wrong.

A few minutes later Conner's wolf comes tip towing in with roses in his mouth. He climbs up on the bed with me and puts the roses in my lap, but when he lays them down the colors clash. The white roses with deep green stems is thrown off by the deep red droplets left on them. I look up to Conner showing him the flowers. He opens his mouth for me to see blood piling up.

This idiot.
'But it was sweet of him.' My wolf was such a sucker. I took him by his ear and brought him down to the kitchen. I used the built in ice dispenser to give me a few crushed ice cubes. Then shoved them in his mouth. I walked and took the elevator up to his room.

Now I was feeling tired, Conner still in his wolf form snuggled up next to me. I didn't feel like yelling and arguing with him so I let it be.

And maybe because I might have kind of liked it. Just a touch