not giving up?

Conners pov

It has been almost a month.

And to be honest, I have tried killing myself way to many times.

Now Nathan has someone following me around all day! I have to, not only deal with Rose, but have to convince these guards that I really have to pee. I'm not going in the bathroom to slit my throat.

Can you believe they gave me a time limit! A limit! I'm the Alpha, yet they time how long I use the bathroom.

I have given up going to bed. I usually end up sleeping in the conference room. The one place I get away from Rose.

She is obsessed with me. At first she used to be like family to me. Like a little sister. I have known her since she was three. We have gotten along ever since. But now, all we talk - or she complains - about is how I abandoned her for Melody.

I have to admit, when Melody was sent here, I completely forgot about her.

"Alpha Conner! Come on! We have something and you know it." Rose whined as she pulled on my arm.

"No we don't!" I say rubbing my temples "Melody is my mate. And your to young for me. Rose, just leave me alone."

"Oh my god! She is only 16, I'm 15! She is a year older. She is still two years younger then you!" Her voice was ringing in my head.

"Melody is my mate, Rose." I had said that about a billion times, but she didn't get it. I didn't care how old she was, we we're meant to be.

"Oh my god! Melody is gone! Gone. Gone. Gone. She isn't coming back, and you aren't finding her! We are meant to be!" She was pissing me the hell off, I towered over her tiny body.

My wolf pushed through me, and took over. And I didn't try to take back control. I grabbed her neck, my hand wrapping around the whole thing, and pushed her up against the wall.

I gripped her neck with so much force, my finger tips could feel her spine. My palm could feel her breathing slowly stopping.

She had gone to far. She had no right to talk about my mate! And she was going to pay.

I watched as her tan complexion turned into a horrid blanch.

She would have died to my hands, if I weren't harshly yanked away from her.

Her limp body quickly fell to the floor, and I could feel nails digging into my shoulders.

I whipped around, to find Nathan and his wide eyes.

I removed his hands, as someone picked up Rose and brought her somewhere, unknown.

"What the hell!" I screamed.

"Dude, you need to calm down, having Melody gone is causing you to act out. Maybe it's time to try and find a new mate " he shrugged his shoulders.

I shook my head.

Why does everyone want me to give up on my mate?

What is so wrong with me and her.

I wasn't giving up on her

Never.

Melody's POV

My body ached.

With every move, I felt dry blood crack on my tinder skin. Even blinking burned my eyes.

My throat was dry and rough.

I was no longer on the the metal table, but on the floor. My hands chained to the wall, above my head.

I whimpered and put my back further against the wall, when he approached.

"Why?" I croaked out.

"Because, sweetheart, you were mine first, and I wasn't going to let that bastard take you from me." He explain as he kneeled down to my level.

"Jace, please-" he cut me off.

"Shhh. It's okay." He said petting my head.

But it wasn't okay.

Did Conner move on?

Did he stop looking for me?

Did he ever start looking for me?

Or maybe I wasn't worth the chase?

Of course not. Why would he try so hard for me.

I'm not important to him.

He gave up.

Should I too?

•~•~•

I know short, but I wanted to give you something.