Chapter 7- "Mind, heart and secrets..."

Start from the beginning

"Manik, do you know who is Ajja?"

'Ajja'...for the second time I hear the name and on the same day. I look at her and wobble in denial. She bites her lips and continues with a shallow tone.

"This name is definitely connected with Navy's past and we have to find it out. One more thing...today she revealed something new in my session."

Her eyes are blazing with excitement which passes on mine.

"The man who was the father of her unborn child is this Ajja's grandson and he lives in this city only."

For a moment I feel numb. God knows, how many sleepless nights I have spent with this fire in my heart that one day I will bring out that bastard under the sunlight. I will grab him by the collar and drag him to stand in front of my innocent sister whose life has been destroyed by him. I curl my fingers into a fist and ask in an expectant voice.

"How do you know?...I mean what exactly did she say in your session? Tell me in detail."

But our secretive conversation gets interrupted by my sister. She looks at both of us and places the plate on the table. In this short time, she manages to make two glasses of orange juice and some snacks. She, as usual, signals us to have them and sits beside me. She touches my bandage and makes an expression which indicates that she wants to know if my wound is paining or not. I smile and jiggle in denial.

"Wow Navy, I love orange juice...thank you...but I can't make it nice."

Mukti pouts and adds,

"Tell me how did you make it?"

I realise this is Mukti's trick to make her speak. For a moment Navya stares at her and says in a shallow voice,

"I cut the pack...and pour..."

For a moment Mukti and I keep on looking at each other and the next moment I split my sides.

"Mukti, no doubt you are smart but Navu is smarter than you...ha...ha..."

Mukti purses her lips in amusement and shrugs in defeat. Next few moments pass with light chit-chatting. Navu is all the time with us so we can't raise the topic further. Mukti gets up to leave and assures me to call. I again start knitting hope in my heart.

...............................................

I shut down the laptop because since I enter the office I couldn't do a single work. My mind is entirely occupied with his thought.

"Manik Malhotra...at what cost you will leave my fucking mind?"

I glared at my subconscious mind.

"At the cost of your confession...why are you even torturing him like this? You know that Karma is a bitch..."

My philosopher inner Goddess is even taking his side. Being irritated I decide to get back home. I get up from my seat and come out of the cabin. Ayesha is sitting on her term. I approach and before she does any formality I say sternly,

"Ayesha, I am leaving. Please tell Arun (Peon) to keep my laptop and other things in my car. And I won't come tomorrow as well so please reschedule my all meeting."

Ayesha nods and I head to the exit. Sitting in the car I think to request Bhai for taking an off tomorrow. It's been long we have spent quality time with each other. I need this till I can quell my restlessness. I am fiddling with my mobile when I open Manik's number unmindfully.

"It's been quite a long, I have seen him. Hope he is feeling better now. Should I call him?"

My mind is in a dilemma.

"What if he takes it as desperation?"

I think otherwise.

"There is nothing to hide now. He knows you are desperate for him. Don't be a hypocrite."

My inner Goddess scolds me and it works. I tap the call button. After 5-6 rings he picks it up.

"It's only 2 hours you left from here. How will you be able to spend the entire week without seeing me?"

Here comes his ever teasing voice. I bite my inner cheek.

"I just called you to ask if you took your medicine at 6 pm?"

A light giggle sound comes.

"Yes, Boss. Any more order?"

He says in a fake serious voice.

"Nothing, I will come the day after tomorrow. Ummmm... I couldn't meet your sister...so..."

My excuse sounds a bit stupid. I purse my lips in embarrassment.

"You are most welcome, though you don't need any excuse to meet me. Neither your mind should give an excuse to your heart. I said I will wait for your answer and I will until your heart wins the battle."

This time his tone is serious. I sigh and say a meek goodbye before cut the call.

"Should I discuss about Manik with Bhai? But what will I discuss when I am still not sure about him? Let this week go like this. Because time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters to us."

Finally, my mind and heart make a treaty. The car enters our bungalow premises.

Author's note: Plz do inline comments. 🙏🙏🙏♥️♥️♥️