Chapter 2

Amy's pov: I'm back at work now. Graduation is tomorrow and it's been 5 days since Austins wreck and I'm still torn. We were kinda high school sweethearts if you will. I've only known him since the 4th grade and we started dating our freshman year.

I sat behind the counter of the little gas station / food mart place I work at. A tall man walked in, I hadn't paid him any attention. All I really saw was he was wearing a black tank top and jeans.  A few minutes later he came back to the counter. He asked for a specific pack of cigarettes and set a case of beer on the counter.

As soon as I turned around to grab the pack of cigarettes he has I heard him speak again. "Amy?" "Yeah?" I answered. "I've never seen you working here before" i turned around to see Brantley standing at the counter. "Yep, I've worked here for a while" I said remembering Tuesday night. "How have you been lately?" "Okay, I guess" "I sorry to hear about your lose, I, uh, I read it in the news the other day" he said. "It's alright"

Nobody was in the store and my shift ends in a few minutes. "I must be holding you up, looks like your goin somewhere" "I was just gonna go hang out at this bonfire, nothing special. Your not holding me up from anything" "okay" "you uh wanna maybe come with me? Something to do if your not doing anything tonight" "thanks but maybe next time though, my graduation is tomorrow"

He gave me his number, Brantley Gilbert is his name. I still don't know his age, I mean he is obviously over 21 if he's buying beer and cigarettes. I left and went home. I texted Brantley so he would have my number.
A ~ Hey Brantley, this is Amy. I'll text ya later.

I set my phone on the bathroom counter. I got in the shower and as soon as the water went cold, my phone buzzed. I turned off the water and wrapped the towel around me. I turned on my phone and I had a message from Brantley.

B ~ alright, text you later Amy.

I set my phone down and got into my pjs and crawled into bed. I pick up my little framed picture of Austin that I've had for awhile. I kissed the picture. "I wish you were here for your graduation baby" I said as a last tear run down my face before I clicked the lamp off. I silently cried myself to sleep. That's what I do every night.

*graduation*

I watched from my seat as names were called out one by one. Skipping the name Austin Dixon as if he had never been. even though he had gained high honors this year, he wasn't even mentioned. Finally my name was called "Harmony Westley, 4 year drama and 3 year international club member" yes my name is Harmony. Amy is a common nickname for the name Harmony.

I walked across the stage and shook the principals hand and received my diploma. I looked across the crowd of parents and family members. I saw a familiar face sitting in a side section. I walked down the steps and returned to my seat.

Once we were release and the whole thing had been over, the parents and family's and students had filled the halls. I found my parent then I went and found my friends. I started walking back though the crowd before that familiar face appeared in front of me.

"Harmony, your name is Harmony." He said. "What are you doing here?" "I came to see my close friends sister graduate, I didn't know this was your school too" "yeah it is" "hey I'll text you when I get home later, I've got to leave now" "ok Bye Brantley" we had a little celebration afterwards and all that.

I got home and Brantley never texted me. I fell asleep and still no text when I woke up. I shook it off. But the though of Brantley just kept coming back. Why is it bothering me so much that be never texted back.

I pulled out my laptop and searched his name to see if he had any social medias. Then my bottom lip dropped as I saw all the interviews and articles about him. He has two albums out: a Modern Day Prodigal Son and Halfway To Heaven. Most of the articles were about he's new arrival to country music with the song "Country Must Be Country Wide"