Chapter 21

Brantley's pov: Jana & I started talking more. Going on dates and staying up late became of us. It wasn't a secret to either of us that I definitely wanted her. I dug myself deeper into addiction, something Jana hadn't seen before. And I don't want her to. It's gonna ruin my life. I've been thinking really hard about it lately too.

I opened the truck door for her. I walked around to my side and got in. I turned the key and looked at her. "I had a great night Jana" I said and she grabbed my hand. "It was a wonderful night Brantley, thank you. I enjoyed it" she smiled. I leaned in and kissed her. She kissed back and it sent nerves through my body. I pulled back. "Thank you sugar" I said. I could tell she was getting pretty tired. She played at a club tonight in Athens. "Can I stay at your place B, I don't wanna go back to the bus" she yawned. "Yeah that's fine with me."

We held hands and I pulled off onto the old little highway between here and my house. She fell asleep half way there. I pulled up to my gate and entered the code to unlock it. I parked under the deck in back and walked around. I opened the door. "Jana" I said softly pulling her a little into my arms. I unlocked the door and walked into the basement. I carried her up the stairs and she snuggles into my chest and I walked to the second floor. I put her in my bed. I pulled her shoes off and put them to the side. I walked to my bathroom and did all that stuff before grabbing sweat pants & a tank top to sleep in.

Harmony's pov: I feel like since me & Brantley aren't together, my life has only gotten better. my grades are higher. I've taken control of my life & not let anybody drag me down. I've honestly come to living comfortably for this situation. I unlocked my apartment door and hung my bag up. I went to my room and started my homework for this weekend. I finished all of it a few hours later. I emailed my work to my professors. I shut down my Mac and walked to my bathroom. I took a shower & got dress in legging & a long cream covered sweater. I did my make up & straighened my hair for the first time in a long time. I pulled on  my short, plain black uggs and walked out to my car.

I started my drive to my friends house. Her house is on the other side of the road Brantley lives on. As I saw his driveway come into vision a black car was waiting to pull out. It wasn't Brantley's for sure. He wouldn't consider driving a Lexis or whatever the hell its called. They pulled out right behind me. I look in my review mirror. It was a girl. It was Jana Kramer. She rode my ass ten miles. Suddenly a deer ran out in front of me. I punched the brakes. My heart raced as a wreck was barely avoided. I turned into my friends driveway just thought for a minute. How did that just happen? I walked to the door and went in. "SARAH!!" I yelled. "God I'm right here!" she said behind me in laundry room. "oh, hey" I said turning around. "help me real quick" she said. "wow when was the last time you did laundry?" I said. "who cares?" "I do because you make me do your laundry" "savage life you know" "no" I said.

After I helped her with her laziness I went into the kitchen and poured drinks. "so guess what happened on the way here" "what happened" "a girl pulled out of Brantley's driveway behind me" "are you serious?" "yes and the girl just happens to be Jana Kramer" "really?" "yeah she rode my ass too the whole way here" "that's kinda bitchy" "I know I hope he doesn't go after her too, I mean like she's already been engaged to her co stars in movies before a few times." "I know. That really sucks." "Hope she doesn't get her heart broken either." I said slowly. "let's not let it ruin our night though" we drank a little more that night and talked & watched a movie. I stayed over because I did not want to drive home halfway drunk.