Chapter 8

Amy's pov: I logged onto my Facebook from my laptop at my desk. I started scrolling through, my friend Jonny had shared a video that had been tagged To Henleys Facebook page... So was Brantley. I clicked the video so it loaded on the screen and starts playing. It was Brantley and Henley throwing hands. They both and everybody around them were yelling and cussing and shit like that.

I kept watching and clearly Brantley was on the winning end of it and Henley finally yelled to stop and give up. The video showed how badly Henley was beat and Brantleys lip, face, and hands bleeding. It also showed him leaving on his motorcycle. I called Brantley.

"Hello?" I heard on the other end "why wasn't I invited to that show down last night?" "If you saw that" "yeah the video was on Facebook" "I showed out a little bit didnt i?" "yeah, Henleys went to the hospital last night after" "I know, I told myself a little while ago if he did anymore shit like he's been doing, I was gonna go that too him" "you better hope the cops ain't after you by now" "I ain't scared of them, I did what needed to be done and he's gonna stop with all this" "what did he do last? I haven't been social lately" "I'm not telling you" "tell me" "no" "now gilbert" "you sure?" "Yes I'm sure" "he told a few people that I was using you and got you pregnant" "little fucker" "YOU ACTUALLY SAID A REAL CUSS WORD" he hollered in excitement.
"Shut up" "but yeah anyways he is a little fucker and got what he deserved, I've gotta go to a meeting now, would you like to hang out with me tonight at my place?" he said in one of those 'I'm a perky rich kid' voices. "Yes I would, 5 o'clock?" I said with the same voice. "6, and you pick a movie" I giggled "you mean pick which puppy I want right?" "Ha, your funny" "your mean" "bye little girl I've got to go now" I heard his truck engine cut off. "I'm not little but bye"

It's 3:30 now so I went down stairs and got a fruit roll up and a coke. I walked back upstairs watched TV and ate my little snack. By 4:00 I got into the shower and blow dried my hair. I put on blue jeans and an Army Strong T-shirt and a hoodie since it was raining. I watched TV until right before 6 and I left and went to Brantley's house.

I pulled into the driveway. Brantleys truck and motorcycle were parked next to each other in the garage. I parked behind. His truck and walked to the front door. I knocked on the door and heard the puppies barking. Brantley opened the door. "Hey Harmony" he said. {He likes to call me harmony} "hey B" I said giving him a hug.

He led me into his house which was now a lot cleaner than the last time I was here. No more half unpacked boxes stuff and boxes around. "Oh my god my babies" I said picking up Pepsi. "Your babies? Hahaha your funny" B laughed. "Stop it. They love me" I said while Pepsi licked my cheek. He rolled his eyes.

"So I was thinking pizza and a bottle of wine or Chinese and champagne or pizza, Chinese, wine and champagne" he said and laughed a little. "How long did it take you come up with that amazing menu?" I giggled "Actually, I worked hard on that last one" "did you now?" "I did I really did" he said sarcastically. "How about pizza and a beer, I don't drink wine or champagne. It's gross to me" "ha me too" we ordered the pizza and talked for a while. The pizza got here and we sat on the couch, drank beer, and watched movie.

Matter we are pizza we had a real conversation. Not just small talk. I started looking at the cuts on his hands. "Did your rings do that when you murdered Hensley?" "Yeah I couldn't even put then on this morning because my fingers were hurting so bad and were a little swollin" "damn" I pulled my hoodie off revealing my scared wrist. "And what about you? You haven't cut any since you left the hospital right?" "I haven't but everything is hard right now with transitioning to Athens for college and my family fighting. It's gets overwhelming when it's all thrown at you at once" "yeah I understand, have your parents gotten any better lately?" "No and I don't think they will, I over heard then talking about divorce the other night. I really hope they don't, they have been together for 25 years" A tear ran down my cheek.

"Don't cry Harmony," he hugged me too him and held me in his arms, "everything is gonna okay. I promise"