Chapter 10

Brantley's pov: I'm walking the red carpet at the CMT awards tonight. I really nervous, with all this stuff going on with Harmony and me on social media, I'm not sure about tonight.
I denied all information about me and Harmony.
It got so annoying that I almost wanted to leave right in the middle of it. My phone buzzed in my pocket. I looked at it.
Harmony Westley: You looked so uncomfortable when it showed you on TV.
Brantley: I feel invaded!
I sent back quit when I was told to put my phone up.

I finally got to my seat. I'm not nominated tonight but I'm invited so I figured it would be good for me to go since I didn't have anything to do this week.

I got my phone back out when I got to my hotel. I had a text from Harmony.
Harmony: you're coming to Athens next week right?
Brantley: yeah. Why?
Harmony: because I don't know anybody here.
Brantley: don't you have a roommate
Harmony: I do but she comes home drunk every night, and I got lost today and I didn't know where I was at. I was scared. Lol
I laughed.
Harmony: and, I miss you..
Brantley: I miss you too

The night she fell asleep in my arms with tears staining her face, I felt like she meant something. I felt something for that little girl. Something that was different than other girls. I felt like I'm the one who is supposed to take care of her.

Harmony's pov: My parents divorce was finalized this week. It killed me to think about them not being together. Now my parents will live in opposite sides of Nashville. My pain demanded to be felt in every way. Self harm was now a thing that keep coming back into my mind. And it sounded good to me countless times in the last week.

Brantley texted me. "Hey come to my place, I wanna see you" I knew it wasn't his place. It was his brother, Kolbys, place where he stayed at when he came to Athens or Jefferson his hometown.

Brantley's pov: a knock on the front door interrupted my guitar and thoughts. I put my guitar down and wrote down the cords. I got up and answered the door. It was Harmony. "Hey darlin'" I said pulling her into a hug. "Hey B" she said muffled into my chest as she hugged me tighter. I let her go and showed her inside to the living room. "hows the tour been?" She asked me. "Great actually, even though I'm just the opening act" "and is Kolby here? His truck is outside I think" "he isn't here he went to hang out with some girl, their in her car"

She was wearing a jacket and looked completely uncomfortable in the heat. Which was out of the ordinary, it's almost 100 degrees outside. It's July for crying out loud. "Take off that jacket, you have got to be burning up" "no" "I can tell your hot, it's 100 outside and the air sucks in this house" she blinked.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her sleeve up revealing the red lines up and down her wrist. "I'm sorry" she started crying. "No, it's okay. Everything is gonna be okay" I know how upset she has been about her parents. I didn't know it was this bad though. I held her in my arms.

Harmony's pov: I looked up at Brantley who had fixed his hazel eyes on mine. The next thing I knew his lips were pressed on mine. I did fight for pull back but I kissed back.
--
It was pushing on 11 and my eyes felt heavy. I woke to Brantley setting me in a bed. He turned around. I'm not letting him leave me this time. I grabbed the bottom of his shirt. "Stay" I said.

Brantley's pov: I woke up and climbed out of bed careful not to wake up Harmony. Kolby was already awake in the kitchen drinking coffee. I got myself some. "Looks like you done found a rich girlfriend B" he said. "What makes you think that?" "You know there is only a brand new Audi A5 outside: starting price of 75" he said. I punched his arm. "She's had it for almost a year" "is she hot?" "She's a pretty girl"