Chapter 19

Kolby's pov: I woke up at 8:30 and drove straight to B's new house. I walked inside "Brantley!" I yelled. "In here!" He called from the kitchen. I walked in there and he was sitting at he table with his phone in one hand and coffee in the other. "Dude what's going on?" I said sitting in the chair to the right side of the table. "What do you mean?" "What happened last night?" I was trying to be calm and not kick his ass or call mama. "Man I don't know. I drank to much. Where's Harmony?" "My house, she's heart broken B." He looked at me seriously. "What'd I do? What happened?" He rubbed his face and sighed. "You need to figure that one out on your own bro"

Brantley's pov: I racked my brain wanted to know what happened last night and why Harmony won't return my calls. I laced my fingers and started picking At the rings. I noticed red ish stains in the crevices on my middle & ring fingers. I looked at it closer. It was blood. My heart stopped. I rushed downstairs and into my truck parked under the deck and hauled ass to the apartments where she stayed. I ran up the steps and knocked on the door. She answered. "Harmony, babygirl I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I embraced her, "it'll never happen again I promise." I held her and she pushed my chest. "Stopped Brantley" she said angrily and I let go. "Please Harmony. I love you and I need you. I'm sorry" I pleaded noticing the red scabbed cuts down her cheek. "I, no Brantley were done. I don't think I can deal with this anymore." "I'll change. Baby, I will" "I can't trust you anymore. I've become scared of you and I can't live like this. I'm sorry, we're done Brantley" "Harmony.." I said and She closed the door.

I backed up and leaned onto the railing and just stared at her door for a minute. I returned down the steps and got into my truck. I didn't wanna tell myself that it's actually over. It hurt knowing I've lost another girl that I've hurt.

Harmony's pov: I slide down my bedroom door and started crying. The deep swing of familiar emotions filled me. Love has lead me to lose so many times and I'm done. I can't take this anymore. Hurt & lose have become a given thing now. I don't wanna go on. Without Brantley I don't know who my best friend is. I don't know who's gonna wake me up with text and calls at 2 am when he's across the country. Who's gonna hold me close at night and love me. And who's gonna tell me I'm beautiful when I don't feel like I am.