Chapter 20

Brantley's pov: I tried pouring myself into my music so get away from the thought of Harmony. But that girls in every song I write. She stuck in my head and I can't do anything. I've tried and I can't get her back. It's impossible for me to forget what's happened. I've written songs about her.

I was escorted to my seat at the CMA awards. I was sat next to a brunette in a red dress. I bumped her arm while getting situated and trying to put my phone up. "Oh excuse me ma'am" I said when she looked at me. I didn't pay the women a whole lot of attention because my phone light up in my pocket.

After the awards I was at an after party when a man and the lady in the red dress walked up to me. "Hey Brantley, I'm Jason Khol and this is Jana Kramer" he said. "Nice to meet yall" I said shaking there hands. "Brantley, I've been talking with your manager and we want yall to to write some songs together sometime in the future." "Yeah man I'd be up for it"

*few months later*

Song by song, we got closer to me performing a new song for the first time live. It's probably gonna be a little emotional. Then we would play Hell On An Angel, and next another new song I've never done live. "Alright yall," I said into the mic, "I've got a new song I'm gonna sing for yall tonight for the first time live!" I said adjusting my guitar strap. I began strumming and the rest of the band tuned in

"Maybe I should take that picture off the dashboard
Before her memory hits the brakes and takes the wheel
I bet she's still crying on the front porch
Yeah, this time it's gonna take some time to heal.."

I completed with flooding thoughts of that little girl. The song originally come from fight we got into early last year before I sped of to Nashville for tour. We sang Hell On An Angel and got on to the next song. "Here's another new one. This songs a true story actually guys, it's call You Don't Know Her Like I Do"

"Hey ol' friend, thanks for callin.
It's good to know somebody cares.
Yeah she's gone, but I don't feel like talking.
It's just to much bare
To hear somebody say it stops hurting
To hear somebody say she ain't worth it..."

The crowd cheered and I played through my last few songs. I was rushed to an airport for a 10 hour flight from Washington state to Nashville. I fell asleep. I was woken by my manager at about 6am once the plane landed. I yawned getting into the car and drove to the recording studio. I was set up to write with Jana Kramer today. I sat down in the couch and looked at my phone. I had some notifications about my new songs from last night. Some dumb text from Kolby. I opened them. Some dumb stuff then the last one from this morning said "I just saw Harmony"

I closed my phone and threw it down onto the couch and I got up. I opened my guitar case and Jana and her manager walked into the room. It was just another normal day of writing