Chaper 28

Brantley's pov: It's the end of the summer and I've asked Harmony to move in with me. She's been on the road with me all summer. She's gonna starting working at the school after the new year. so we get until December until she has a few classes she has to take to start. For now, she's been helping me handle all my finances and paper work since my new album came out.

Our relationship is much better than it ever had been in the past and I actually see us going somewhere now.  We've settled into our lifestyle together and kinda became non separable. I might not let her take this job in January but unless she really wants to do it, she will and I won't have a problem with it. She already told me that this would be the real test of our relationship.  Which is hilarious and understandable at the same time.

--

Today is Harmony's 23 birthday. October 17. She made me promise I wasn't gonna do anything big. but that's just asking me to break the promise. So this seemed just perfect timing. (😏) She went to Athens to eat lunch w/ her friends. I went to Athens and told her I had a meeting and to meet me back at the house at 3:30. but I just went to the mall.

I walked to the jewelers.
I gave the lady my name and she went and got my order. I opened the ring box and pulled it out. I flipped it around making sure it was what I specified. "good luck Mr. Gilbert, thank you for shopping with us" the lady said when I got ready to leave. "Thank you ma'am" I said and left. I got back home at 2:30.

I went to the closet and went through Harmony's half. I  pulled out the long sleeved dark red cotton dress that was my favorite. I made the bed and laid the dress out on her side. I grabbed her favorite bracelet and loosened one of the chain links on it where it wouldn't fall of but just barely noticeable. It's part of my plan. I wrote a note. "put this on and be ready at 6 -B" I grabbed my blazer, a shirt and nice jeans out and left the drive at exactly 3:25 knowing harmony wouldn't get here till 3:40.

I went to Kolbs house. He's at work so I unlocked the door with my key and Pepsi, Sylo and Cola attacked me basically. "get the hell off me son!" I said louder before they realize it was just me. Then they got all happy. I went and took a shower and and cleaned up my beard I got dressed and called the restaurant to confirm my reservation. I made sure my truck was cleaned out good and put a blanket in the back seat It was pushing 5:30 and I drove to the backside of my property and entered through a backroad entrance that wasn't visible from the house. I set out some firewood in a small pit we have by the pond. I put the ring box in the tool box. She can't open it, that's why it's in there. I drove back up the trail to the house and parked out front.

I walked inside and upstairs. As I walked into the bedroom, Harmony was checking herself in the mirror and didn't realize I was there. she had leggings and boots on with the dress and her hair curly. "Well look at you baby" I said leaning in the doorway. She looked back at me.  "I said nothing big." she laughed. "You see, getting to travel the world with you is big to me, tonight in our home is just a little something something." she walked up and hugged me. "I love you" she said with a smile and kissed me. "I love you too babe, come on now are you ready?" "yeah, let's go" she said. I walked her too the truck and helped her in.

Harmony's pov: Brantley drive into the parking lot of a really nice 5 star restaurant. "baby!" I pushed his arm. "what!?" He said "you didn't have to bring me here" "babe, I've already got reservations" He grinned like a Cheshire Cat. He walked me inside. "Gilbert, for 2" he said to the hostess. She walked us to a table in a private room and placed menus. Brantley pulled my chair out. "what can I start y'all off with tonight?" The lady said. "I'll take a water" Brantley said. I order a red wine that I've become very fond to. "you love that red wine" Brantley said when she walked away. "I know I used to hate it" He starred at me. "what?!" I said "you're just the most beautiful women I've ever seen" I blushed taking a sip.

-- leaving restaurant --

I put on my seatbelt Brantley cranked he truck. "hey babe?" I said. "yeah?" "can we pleasse go to the cupcake place?" "yeah baby, anything for you. We got there and walked inside. Brantley got obviously chocolate on chocolate and I got chocolate with caramel icing. We left and Brantley told me we could enjoy out cupcakes out at the picnic table by the pond. He turned in and backed up to the fire pit. We got out and I set out stuff on the picnic table. he lit a fire in the pit. "you planned this didn't you?" I said "little bit" he grinned and kissed me.

We sat down and started eating our sweet treats. I glanced across he pond "hey babe, you got something on you're nose" he said I looked at him "let me get it" he said touching his fingers to my nose, but for him to shove icing on my nose. "really!" I said "Amy the chocolate nose lady" "wow you are a comedian" I said wiping it off with my finger and eating it.

When I set my arm back down my bracket fell off. "Brantley my bracelet just broke" I said a little irritated. "let me see?" I picked it up and looked a one of the links that was twisted I handed it to him, "you can fix that right?" "yeah no problem" he said. "go sit up there and I'll fix it real quick." he grabbed the trash and threw it in a bucket in his truck. He stood in the bed and opens the tool box. I sat on the tailgate and warmed up by the fire.

Brantley's pov: That bracelet was perfect timing, somehow just perfect luck. I fixed the bracelet with some pliers and grabbed the ring. I put it in my pocket and hope down. "thank you baby!" she put her bracelet back on. "you want a blanket babe, I think I got one of the truck." "yes please" she said. I grabbed the blanket and leaned my guitar on the truck. I wrapped her in the blanket. I grabbed my guitar and double checked the ring.

I set next to her on the tailgate. she giggled and leaned into me as I started playing my guitar. I started singing a song I wrote for her and never told her, Fall Into Me..

"A whisper away from changin' everything
But is it safe to say such dangerous things
When your hands are tremblin'
Girl I'm weak in the knees
It's times like these when silence means everything
More than anything
So fall when you're ready baby
Let our kiss count the moments and hearts set the pace
And I'll be your love song and I'll love you right off your feet
Until you fall into me..."

She kissed me. "I love that song baby" "I wrote it for you" she smiled. "you know a lot of my songs are about you. Almost all of them actually. I said hopping of the tailgate and standing in front of her. "Harmony," I took her hand, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, I can't help but just go numb and mushy when I'm with you. I've let you drive my very last nerves crazy for the last 7 months, but baby, it was all worth it. Every last minute I've spent with you I've fallen harder and harder and I'm not letting you get away from me this time, Harmony Rae Westley, will you do me a favor and spend the rest of your life with me?" I said pulling the ring box out my pocket.

By then Harmony had tears in her eyes and I probably did to but I was so nervous that I couldn't tell. "yes Brantley, yes. I love you!" she said and pulled her knot my arms. "I love you too" I said holding her up in my arms. I set her down and slide the ring onto her finger. She pulled me into a kiss. I smiled "I love you babygirl" I found myself holding her wrapped in her blanket up on the tailgate.

She eventually fell asleep. "Come on babygirl" I said picking her up. She sleepily adjusted herself. "hmm?" she said. "go back to sleep" I said and set her in the passenger seat. I drove up the trail to the house and parked under the back deck. I took my beautiful fiancé upstairs. I pulled her boots off her and pulled off her dress so she was just in a thin tank top and leggings. I changed and laid down and pulled my girl to me and made sure she was warm and comfy.

heyyy y'all!

so I might have maybe a few more chapters than expected left.

like, comment and share. I want yalls feedback!