chapter 22

Brantley's pov: "So I've been think about it a lot baby. I've been thinking about my past and what's happened throughout my past few years," I said looking at Jana while we sat on the moving bus, "and I think I'm ready to go completely sober. Before the end of the year" She wrapped her hands around mine. "well, Brantley, it's a big step for you but I know you can do it" she said softly. I starred out the back window.  She leaned her on my shoulder. I kissed her head. "I love you" I said wrapping my arms around her.

We fell asleep together laying in the back as the sun went down. I woke up around 7am with a good almost 12 hours of sleep. Jana laid on me snuggled into my chest. I shifted myself a little and grabbed the blanket that had been pushed to the side. I pulled it over us and wrapped my arms around Jana. I closed my eyes knowing that we would be in Nashville very nsoon and I could go home for the next few weeks for the holidays.

"Brantley, wake up" I heard a sweet voice chime "hm" I groaned. "come on baby" she begged. I opened my eyes and kissed my baby. "we're in Nashville" "I don't wanna get up" I whispered.

I pulled into my driveway in Georgia. I parked under the back deck where I usually do and opened the back door for the dogs. I went upstairs to the main level and turn on the kitchen light. there wasn't really much in the fridge so I just grabbed a water and laid down on the couch. The dogs jumped up and laid on my legs. "y'all are losers" I said and flipped over and one of them fell off the couch. I fell asleep and woke up about 4 hours later. The clock said 5:30. I turned over and stretched. I looked my phone. I had some text from Jana.
just making sure I got home safe.

I smiled and answered her back. I got up and walked down stairs. I got my stuff outta the truck and took it up to my room. I grabbed my keys and left again. I went to town to get some food. I ended up just driving to Athens to get chic-fa-la. I text a picture of the sign to Jana when I got to the drive thru. I left and went home.

The next few days kinda just drug by. I made my final decision, I'm gonna go sober. I've decided on detoxification. I have to get approval and all that dumb shit from the doctors.

Time started flying. before I knew it I became a new person. I feel better. Jana and I have a real relationship and I wanna go to the next step. I think she does too. I think I'm gonna propose.