Chapter 12

Harmony's pov: Our conversations deepened. Our kisses became more passionate. We grew closer and closer by every passing minute we were together.
Something deep down inside me told me he's no good, just my troubled rebound.
But my heart screamed for more of this wild ride that Brantley has brought me on.

Love.

That's the only way I could describe this crazy emotion I get around Brantley Gilbert. My heart and brain don't work together when he calls my name and calls me darlin. My cheeks turn red when he tells me how gorgeous he thinks I am.

I fell fast for this mystery man thats so hard to reach in his actions. It's hard to read him. He's different than other people. He knows what right and what's wrong. He knows respect and his limitations, not only to me but to everybody else. His scars show a story.

His tattoos scream a different story. A story of angels protecting a stray soul from demons. A Christian man that could warn off anybody that didn't know him truly. He's really a teddy bear, especially when it comes to the people he loves. But he's mood changes easily. He acts like a child so much it's crazy.

Mess with him, and you'll be hurt.
Mess with his family, and you'll be dead.

Speaking of family, he wants me to meet his. We've pretty much be together for 5 months now and it's December. My life has improved since moving to Athens. I've made friends through Brantley and school. We haven't made our relationship public though. And we probably won't for a little while.

I've met his mama, and he wants my to meet his dad in Alabama once I get out for winter break in a few days. For now I'm not sure if my dad will be comfortable with me and Brantley together but I know my mom will trust me with Brantley.

I stole a quick kiss from Brantley. We laid in bed together and I signed as he told me to quit. "You're no fun" "you're no fun mhm" he mocked in a high voice. "I don't talk like that" "I don't talk like that nah nah nah" he squeaked again. He turned over on his side tired of me keeping him awake. I stole his pillow. "Thanks baby" he mumbled. "Fight me for it" "okay"

He rolled over and pinned both my hands above my head with one hand. he started tickling me. "How are you so fuckin hyper? It's 11" he said taking his pillow and laying back down. "Don't cuss! We're staying at your mamas if you didn't remember" "I know I know I don't need to cuss.

I herd clicking on the floor and then both the puppies, Pepsi and Cola, jumped on the bed. They snuggle by our feet. Both of them are growing up and I'm sad about it.

I woke and Brantley was laid on his side with his arms around me snoring a little. It was really cute, I can't lie. His hard core look and vibe is going down the drain. This time the puppies were under the blankets by our feet.

"Wake up B" I said shaking him. No reaction. I swear he's like a fricking bear. When he sleeps it's like he's hibernating. "Baaaabbbbbyyyy" I said shaking him again. "Mahm" he mumbled. "Earth to Brantley" I thumped his forehead. "MMM" He groaned. "Your moms probably making breakfast" his eyes shot open. "Mhmm man it's almost not worth it" he mumbled falling back asleep.

He flipped over half way over using me kinda like a pillow. "Get off me!" "Go see if mamas makin breakfast" "okay I will, but get off me." He moved off me and I heard light snoring as I walked out the room. I walked down stairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey Kolby" I said. "Hey Harmony" "wait? Kolby?" "Wait? Harmony?" We said at the same time. "I stayed here with B" "I'm here to help mama" "oh tags why your up before 10" I giggled. Ms Becky walked into the kitchen. "Good morning" I said "good morning" "where's Brantley at" "he's hibernating upstairs" she laughed, "I've been sent on a mission by the bear to see if breakfast will be made" "yeah I'm about to cook breakfast"

--

Brantley taking me on a lunch date before he goes to Nashville for a few days. Then I'm going there for a night and we are leaving to go to Alabama. I got dress in skinny jeans and a loose kinda long sleeve blue spandex shirt. I pulled on my black riding boots. I put on a little make up and I heard a knock on the door. I walked out. "Look at hot mama!" Kenna said. "Shut up" I said opening the door. "hey babe, you ready to go?" "Yeah let me grab my purse" i said turning aroun and walking to the kitchen. "Hey" Kenna said from the couch.

"Hey Brantley!" Kenna said louder in the sense that Brantley had complete ignored her first hey. "What Kenna!" "Well you ignored me" "don't you have a class to go to at 1?" "Yeah" "then why are you on the couch eating pizza at 12:50?" "Holy shit" she jumped up and ran to her room" I laughed. "Let's go B, bye Kenna!" We walked out and went down stairs.

He opened my door and helped me in the truck. He walked around the front and got in and turned the key. We got on the road to the other side of Athens to the restaurant he's taking me too. My phone started ringing. I recognized the ID and answered. "Hey" I said. i nearly started crying at the news I had received from...