Chapter 18

Grab your tissues. You've been warned.

Brantley's pov: I woke up hung over. I took some pain meds and flopped onto Harmony. "Get off me, your heavy" she groaned. She pushed me off her and got up. "awe you poor baby" she said kissing me and going downstairs. I got myself up and went down too. She had started cooking and I laid facedown in a pillow on the couch. I got up and ate breakfast with Harmony.

*two months later*

Harmony's pov:Brantley's drinking has gotten some worse. He plays at bars a lot in Athens and comes home drunk. Something I stay with and sometimes I don't. It's starting to bother me. I talked to Kolby about it. He told me Brantley got like that before but he returned to himself after a month or so. I was sitting on the couch reading my book when Brantley walked in. I expected him to be a little drunk. I set my book down and yawned.

"Hey B" I said. "Shut up" he muttered roughly setting down his guitar case. I couldn't tell if he had been drinking or not. "Brantley!?" I said standing up. "Are you okay?" I said walking into the kitchen. He ignored me. I rested my hand on his back. "Stop! Just stop! I don't need this" he said angry, "I don't need you." "Brantley you don't mean that." I said softly. He turned around. "Yes I do, your just a teenager. I don't need a little girl in my life right now. I'm an independent grown man and your a teenager." I couldn't speak. "Brant-Brantley, what are you saying?" "You know exactly what I'm saying." "You've got be be drunk Brantley you have not a clue of what your saying and you don't mean it!" I raised my voice. "Why don't know just leave? You know this will never work out" "Brantley, the only thing ruining or relationship is you getting drunk every night and coming home like this!" I saw angry cross his face. I got scared and tried to backup.

He raised his hand and slapped me. I fell to the side and caught myself on the counter. Tears streamed down my face. He walked off the stairs. I held my hand over my cheek, my hand had had blood on it. I grabbed my bag and pulled on my shoes and ran outside to my car. I drove to Kolbys house crying. I didn't even knock. I just walked in and he was in the kitchen. He hugged me into him and I just cried. "What's happened Amy?" He finally said. "Br, Brantley" I said not even looking up.