~ Chapter 57 ~

Jaemin took a step back. He was shocked to say the least. But he didn't know why. He already expected this. 

Eun sighed and looked up at him. This time, it was Jaemin who was looking everywhere except for Eun herself. 

"Jaemin-"

"Why the fuck would you do this? I don't know what you were thinking-"

"JAEMIN!"

The room became quiet when Eun yelled his name. Jaemin just prayed that either of their parents or Jaehyun heard.

"Let me explain," she began, her voice now a lot softer. 

Jaemin stood far from her, not really wanting to come closer. He finally looked over at her and nodded his head, letting her continue. 

Eun clasped her hands together as a lump formed in her throat. This would be really hard to tell him, but it had to be done.

"Na Jaemin, you're Hajoon's biological father."

Silence.

Jaemin's heart beat faster than it ever had before. "W-What?"

"I know you probably don't believe me, but it's the truth." Eun gave him a sligh smile, as if that could lighten the mood. 

"This makes no sense," he muttered. How could he possibly believe this girl? Especially after what she has done?

Eun sighed. "It happened 2 and a half years ago. It was the same thing. A one-night stand. Except, we were both drunk, and I guess something happened, and..."

It was extremely awkward to talk about. More than she thought it would be. 

"I don't know if you're telling the truth Eun," Jaemin said, feeling slightly sick. 

"I have the papers."

She pulled some documents out of her purse, and handed it to him. And unfortunately, she was telling the truth. On the top of the paper, it stated his name. 

Na Jaemin

The boy stopped breathing for a good second. This was all too weird. There's no way this could possibly be real. 

"Look, it's hard for me too," Eun began. "But we can do it together. I was actually going to put the baby up for adoption, but I couldn't-"

Jaemin scoffed. Was she really trying to get him on her side? Why would she leave the baby all alone with Jaemin if she wanted to 'do it together.'

"Wait, you were going to put the baby up for fucking adopion? Without telling me?"

Eun nodded slightly, looking away. Now Jaemin was getting upset. He honestly couldn't imagine life without Hajoon. How could she possibly have done that to an innocent baby?

"Do your parents know?" he managed to say, even though he was still shocked from before. 

"No. When I was pregnant, I was out of the country for the year. Alone. And when I was taking care of him, I had my own apartment. They had no idea. They still don't actually."

Jaemin groaned. "Why didn't you tell me before?"

The room became silent for the hundreth time. 

"Eun, please-"

"I had a boyfriend at the time. I didn't think it was a good idea. Besides, Jaemin, you have to understand, I was scared."

Jaemin took a deep breath, and thought about what to do. So did Eun. 

"Jaemin, we're getting married. We can raise Hajoon together, and start again-"

"I have a girlfriend," Jaemin mumbled, but she probably didn't hear him. "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to marry you."

"B-But" Eun began but stopped short. 

"Look, I'm sure you're an amazing person, but what you did isn't okay."

Eun nodded her head, understanding what Jaemin meant. She wiped the tears that were escaping her eyes. "What are we going to tell our parents?"

"I've got it," Jaemin told her, giving her a look. "And by the way, Hajoon has a mother now. And I'm sorry to say this, but it isn't you."

Well damn, who was expecting Jaemin to be the real father?

sUrPrIsE pt.2