~ Chapter 37 ~

"Haneul, what happened?" 

And that's when Haneul broke down and told her best friend everything that had happened. From the baby to the kiss, to her eventually getting fired. And surprisingly, her friend didn't get upset when she told her about Hajoon. 

"Sana, I don't know what to do," her voice getting quiet from all the crying she had done. 

"Hey, it's okay to feel awful right now. But you have to remember that none of this is your fault. So don't go blaming yourself over it. And for the baby, he isn't your responsibility. 

Haneul nodded, knowing her friend couldn't see her. But she let Sana continue. 

"You have to prove to everyone that none of this affects you. That you're an independent woman. And I'm sure you can get another job fast. I mean, who wouldn't want you?"

Haneul slightly smiled at Sana's words. But a part of her was still upset, and no matter what happened, she couldn't get over that. 

"But the thing is, I liked him too."

The line became quiet as Sana thought of what to say. 

"You know Haneul, as much as I hate to say this, there might be a chance that Jaemin does like you."

Haneul stayed quiet. She didn't know what to say. She was both sad and happy overhearing what her friend had said. 

If he really liked her, wouldn't he have told her about the whole deal, and that he was going to get married?

"But I'm not telling you to go back to him. He needs to prove it. And right now, he isn't doing a good job at that," Sana finished.

Haneul nodded her head again and continued to run her fingers through her hair. It had been about 2 or 3 hours since she'd come home from the office.

"I really love you Sana," Haneul mumbled. "Thank you for dealing with me."

"I love you more. And of course. You're my best friend. I can't leave you. Wasn't even thinking about it."

"I'll call you later," Haneul said, getting an okay before she hung up. 

She leaned her head back for a second, trying to hold in her tears. She couldn't cry again. She was already getting a headache, and crying would make it way worse. 

She closed her eyes, attempting to hold her tears in, but that wasn't working. Giving up, she just cried, not caring about anything anymore. 

She really just lost her happiness in a couple of seconds. she lost the only thing that made her happy. 

Hajoon

She hoped that he was safe. She missed the baby so much, and to think that this morning, everything was perfectly fine. 

She thought of him and Jaemin, and a smile came to her lips, but she quickly wiped it off. She was supposed to hate him. 

"Why is this happening to me?" she mumbled, sitting upright on her couch. Her phone was on the table, and she didn't have any energy to go and pick it up. even though it continued to ring. 

And she was sure about who it was. 

She rolled her eyes thinking about Jaemin calling her. Didn't he understand that she didn't want to talk to him?

She was about to fall asleep when her doorbell rung around her house, making her stand up to answer it. 

She stood up, walking slowly to the door. The knocking became louder as she got closer. Not bothering to look at who it was, she decided to the opener. 

"Haneul, I'm-" but she didn't let him finish. 

She gave him a glare. The tear stains on her cheeks were enough to break his heart. She looked at him, trying to control her tears. 

"I hate you Na Jaemin."

And we're almost at 40 chapters 

It actually hurt a lot writing the last sentence, and I kinda hate myself for it

aNyWaY, I hope everyone is staying healthy and safe!!