~ Chapter 26 ~

Haneul's eye widened when she heard the voice behind the door. She didn't know what to do. And neither did Jaemin. 

"Hide," he mouthed to her, to get a confused glare back.

"Where?" she whispered. 

"Wherever," he replied, watching her go somewhere else in the apartment, the baby in her hands. Sighing, he walked to the door, mumbling some incoherent words while opening it. 

"You're alive," was the first thing he was greeted with. 

"What do you guys want?" he asked, looking at Chenle and Jisung. 

"We just want to hang out. Renjun Hyung said you would be lonely."

The two walked inside the apartment, ignoring Jaemin's looks. 

"I'm not lonely," he managed to say. 

"Sure. We all know you don't have any other friends," Jisung said, back, smiling 'innocently.'

"Besides, you should be happy we came to see you. Uni. is extremely busy you know," Chenle added. 

"It really is," Jisung agreed. 

Rolling his eyes playfully, Jaemin led them into the living room, hoping Haneul or Hajoon wouldn't be seen. 

"So, how are you?" Chenle asked, sitting down, followed by both Jisung and then Jaemin, who sat across from the two. 

"I'm fine I guess. Just tired." As he said this, Jaemin saw Hajoon crawling over. But of course, he bumped into a table, causing him to fall. 

And make a sound. 

Jaemin's heartbeat quickened when he saw the looks from Jisung and Chenle. 

"What was that?" Jisung mumbled, about to turn around when Jaemin shouted the first things he could think of.

"I'm pregnant!"

Okay, maybe that wasn't the best thing to say. 

Jisung turned back around with Chenle, giving Jaemin the most confused look they could ever give. 

There was a moment of silence before it was broken. 

"Um...What?" Chenle asked eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "I don't think I heard you right."

"Hyung, I don't think you're pregnant. It's impossible," Jisung replied, wondering if Jaemin was okay. 

"Oh, sorry. Just the lack of sleep," Jaemin mumbled, glancing behind the two to see Haneul carrying the baby out of view, and somewhere else. 

His breathing got back to normal as he sighed in relief. 

"Are you okay?" Jisung asked, still not over what had happened.

"Yeah, I am. Why wouldn't I be?" Jaemin replied, his eyebrows raised.

"Nothing."

"I was thinking if you'd want to hang out with us, Jeno Hyung and Haechan Hyung?" Chenle asked, causing Jaemin to smile. 

He would really love to hang out with his past friends, but reality hit him. The baby. 

He couldn't just leave the baby with Haneul all the time, especially since it was his mess, and not hers. 

"I would, but I'm kinda busy-"

But before he could finish his sentence, a loud noise interrupted him.

Chenle jumped up, a bit startled from the sudden sound. "What the hell was that?"

The boys stayed quiet before Jisung mumbled something. "I'm gonna go check it out."

"No," Jaemin tried to stop them. "It's okay, I'll go," but instead of listening, Chenle and Jisung went to where the noise came from, ignoring whatever their friend was saying. 

"Guys, wait-"

But it was already too late. The boys entered his room, and saw Haneul, holding the baby in her hands, giving them a nervous smile. 

They two froze, not wanting to believe what they were thinking. Chenle turned around, facing Jaemin who was smiling 'innocently.'

"Na Jaemin, I swear, you better have a good explanation for this."