~ Chapter 17 ~

After Jaemin left to go to his apartment, the first thing Haneul decided to do was give Hajoon a bath. 

Of course, that wasn't easy.

"It's okay! Don't cry."

Haneul bent down, trying to treasure the baby that the water wouldn't hurt him. Jaemin had bought a baby bath thing, and although it was easy to use, the baby sure didn't like it.

Hajoon continued to cry, and wouldn't stop. Until finally, his bath was over.

Haneul grabbed a towel from the bag, and wrapped it around him, making sure he wasn't going to get cold.

For her first time giving a baby a bath, she had to say, she did a really good job. Maybe this whole baby thing wasn't going to be as hard as she thought it would. 

She finished drying him off, and brought him to her bedroom, laying the baby on the bed before taking a diaper and clothes. 

And 15 minutes later, she finally finished. 

"Good job," she said to him, even though he probably had no idea what she was saying. The baby laughed, making Haneul's heart melt.

But soon, he started to cry.

"Why-" she started, but figured out why he was crying "oh."

Haneul felt extremely dumb at that moment. Of course, Hajoon was hungry. He hadn't eaten in a while. 

Picking him up, Haneul carried him into the kitchen, looking through the bags of stuff Jaemin had bought earlier.

"There it is," she mumbled, pulling out a glass container filled with baby food. "Carrot," she said, reading the label. 

Haneul gave the baby a smile before taking a small spoon and carrying the baby out of the kitchen into the living room. 

Setting him down on the couch, she opened the food and took some using the spoon. 

"How do babies eat this?" she asked, after smelling the food. "That was gross."

Hajoon stared at her in confusion as she tried to put the spoon in his mouth. 

"Just say, 'Ah'" she tried, but still nothing. 

Haneul opened her mouth to show what he should do, but Hajoon still didn't do anything. 

"This is so good," she tried again, but still nothing. "I'll just search up how to get a baby to eat."

And she actually did.

"So apparently, if I eat it, you will?"

Hajoon still just looked at her in confusion. 

"Babies are too much work, but I guess cause you're cute it's fine."

Haneul could feel her stomach hurting, and she hadn't even tried the food yet. Slowly, she took another spoon, and put it inside the jar, taking out a small amount.

"Okay, If I eat it, you will too," she mumbled as if that was going to help her get through it. 

Haneul placed the spoon inside her mouth, feeling herself starting to get sick. She finally swallowed it, and soon, regretted her decision of ever trying it in the first place.

"Wow, this is amazing," she smiled at the boy, trying to emphasize how 'good' the food was.

Hajoon laughed and reached his hands out, trying to grab the food. Haneul smiled wide. She was extremely grateful that she didn't have to do that again. 

The baby ate in peace, and she wondered how he was enjoying it so much. 

"It doesn't even taste like carrot," she mumbled, watching Hajoon enjoying his food. 

After 30 minutes, he finished and was all cleaned up. Now, the only thing left was to try and get him to fall asleep. 

Haneul picked him up, rocking him slowly until she heard him yawn, and honestly, that was probably the cutest thing she's ever heard. 

Eventually, he fell asleep, making the whole apartment silent again. Haneul walked to her bedroom, setting him down on the bed, and covering him up lightly in the blanket.

She sat down, pulling up her laptop, and starting to do her work. Haneul would occasionally look at him, and wonder how a small little thing like him can make her so happy.

And maybe she didn't know it yet, but Haneul was getting attached to this boy, and she wasn't even complaining. 

Any thoughts on the story so far?

I hope everyone is staying safe <3