~ Chapter 43 ~

"What?" Jaemin asked, not thinking he heard right.

"Mama," Hajoon repeated, pointing at Jaemin's wallpaper. 

Jaemin's lips turned to a smile when he heard what Hajoon had said. 

But it didn't stop there. 

"Papa," Hajoon smiled, pointing at Jaemin's chest. The baby's big eyes stared at him while the smile never faded. 

Jaemin's eyes widened. He pulled Hajoon closer, kissing his face. "I don't know where you learned all this, but I really love you."

The baby giggled, its laugh being music to Jaemin's ears. He felt his heart flutter every time. And when those words came out of the baby's mouth, Jaemin couldn't help but pull the baby even closer. He kissed the top of Hajoon head, making the baby laugh, 

Jaemin realized that maybe he didn't want to find Hajoon's real family. He wanted to keep the baby and raise him as his own. 

That may sound a bit selfish, but Jaemin didn't really care. Besides, if Hajoon's parents really wanted him, they wouldn't have left him. 

But even though Jaemin was somewhat capable of raising a child on his own, Hajoon needed his mama. And Jaemin needed his Haneul. 

Even though they had seen each other yesterday, Jaemin missed the girl so much. His girl. His one and only. 

But Hajoon knocked him out of his thoughts. The baby gave Jaemin the T.V remote that was sitting on the couch. 

Hajoon handed Jaemin the remote but looked like he would cry when Jaemin didn't turn it on right away. 

Jaemin chuckled at the baby's behavior but turned the T.V on anyway, causing Hajoon to smile and clap his hands in joy. 

And of course, Jaemin's phone rang, interrupting the moment. He sighed and put the baby on the couch before getting up to get his phone. 

He walked into the kitchen. and grabbed the phone that was lying on the table. He checked the caller ID, and groaned, not wanting to answer. But in the end, he decided picking up would be the best option. 

"Hello dad," he mumbled. 

"Jaemin," the CEO replied. "You already know that you'll begin working with me on Friday. But I forgot to tell you. Haneul will be there to get everything about her being fired official."

Jaemin's breath hitched as he listened closely.

"And that means there should be nothing going on between you two. And to make sure of that, I asked another assistant of mine to stay with you the whole time."

Jaemin rolled his eyes and scoffed. Did his dad really think an assistant would stop him from talking to Haneul? Definitely not. 

"Do you understand?" Mr.Na asked, getting a quiet reply from his son. 

"Yes," Jaemin replied, this time a bit louder. 

"Good. So, I'll see you on Friday. And on Saturday, you're coming to my house."

Jaemin scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. There was no reason to go to his parent's house. Especially now. 

"Why?" he asked, getting a laugh from his father.

"Well, we need to set the deal for your marriage of course. Why else?"

Jaemin mumbled incoherent words, and before his dad could say anything else, he ended the call. 

After realizing what he did, his eyes widened. He never hung up on his dad. But this time, he didn't feel that bad. It felt like it was necessary at this point.

After a couple of seconds of silence, Jaemin thought of what to do. The things about the marriage weren't that important to him at the moment. 

After thinking of a plan, he took a breath. Right now, he needed to try and do the first thing on his list. Running through it again, he muttered the first thing he needed to do. 

 "First things first. Get Haneul back."