"It's probably not a good idea," Levi said, "Not because I don't like visitors, but because we don't want them to get followed by anyone."

I sighed. He was right, but this sucked. It almost felt like I had house arrest. Noticing my disappointment, Levi ruffled my hair a bit and smiled sympathetically at me.

"It's not safe for you or for your friends," he told me, tracing his fingers on my cheek comfortingly, "It's for the best."

"I know," I pouted, "I'll tell them."

He chuckled and closed the door again. I dialed Coraline's number first. She wasn't happy about it. Tina was much more compliant. Funny, usually Tina was the crazy one and Coraline was the submissive one. The roles were reversed today.

I did my daily cleaning and cooking after that. I brought food to Carly's room and knocked on the door. Surprisingly I heard her tell me to come in. I struggled a bit with the door handle seeing as my hands were full. But I managed. Once inside I could already sense how Carly was feeling without having heard her say a single word. In fact, the silence between us was enough to break my heart.

We used to be best friends. Did we really let some guy come in between us?

"I brought you some lunch," I told her, placing the tray on her bed.

She didn't move. She was staring blankly at the wall. Who knew how long she's been sitting like that?

"Thanks," she muttered.

I took a seat beside her. "Carly. Are you okay?"

Carly shook her head. "How can I be okay?"

"Eat something. You need your strength." It didn't feel right consoling her over a breakup with my husband, but I couldn't just see her like this and ignore her.

Carly looked down at the food and sighed. She started eating in silence.

"He was on the news," I told her.

She froze with her fork still in her hands. "What?"

"He's on the run," I continued, "The police are searching for him. He may also be involved in the car crash that happened with me and Levi."

"What? No way..." Carly looked dazed.

"Do you think... he was involved in it somehow?" I asked her.

She shook her head. "He... wouldn't do that... would he?"

"He's been calling and texting me ever since we separated."

I stretched myself out a bit. After doing so much work, I was starting to feel sleepy. And it wasn't even 9pm yet.

"He's crazy, Carly," I continued, "He really is."

"He's not like that," Carly argued.

"He is."

"No, he's not. He can't be."

I took my phone out of my pocket and showed her the amount of missed calls and text messages that I got from Colt.

"This isn't his number... No wait, he did buy a new phone... He never gave me the number to it. I assumed he bought it for his work."

"His real estate work?" I inquired.

"Yeah."

"Apparently he's not working there anymore either. I found out about that recently."

Carly's eyes widened. She read through all of my text messages with him. When she gave me my phone back, her hand was shaking.

"I can't believe this..." was all she could say.