✯Chapter 3✯

Author's Note: Picture of Levi Gallant

◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩

When I got home that day, I ordered a small pizza for myself. I wasn't going to cook for Colt today. I thought of pretending like everything was fine while the investigation was going on, but it just wasn't me. I wasn't the type of person to pretend that I liked someone. But due to my insecurity about the issue, I decided to call Tina to ask her. I knew that Tina was a loose cannon, but Coraline would probably worry herself sick over me. I didn't want that.

As soon as she picked up the phone, she called out: "What did he do now?!?"

I snickered. "Tina, what are you on?"

"Nothing today," she said laughing, "What's up, Scar?"

Tina was the only one who called me Scar. Although the meaning of it had nothing to do with me, it was quite endearing to me to have a nickname. Carly never gave me a nickname, ever, and neither did Coraline.

"I don't know what I should do," I told her earnestly, taking a bite of my ham and cheese pizza, "Now that Levi is doing his thing, how am I supposed to look at Colt? Should I treat him normally, as if nothing ever happened?"

"Yup," Tina answered simply.

"Yup? How?" I asked surprised.

"Easy," she said, "Tell him you're sorry. Tell him you shouldn't have doubted him. Make him feel at ease. If he knows you're still doubting him, he'll be more cautious and that could get Levi in trouble. Not that I think Levi will get caught... He's a pro at this. But you wouldn't want him to get in trouble, would you?"

I sighed. "Of course not. But it's hard for me to apologize to someone who hasn't been faithful to me."

"I mean, worst case scenario, if you ever feel like you want to go out, have some fun, just hit me up. We can go all out, get drunk, pass out by the side of the street, or we can just go to a restaurant. It's your pick."

I laughed. Tina really knew how to cheer me up. I've never gotten drunk before in my life. At this rate, it might be something I could consider.

"I'm not good at acting," I told her.

"Believe me, I know," Tina replied, "Why don't you try doing it in a way that doesn't go against your conscience?"

"Hmm..." I finished the slice of pizza I've been eating for the past 15 minutes. I took a sip of the apple juice that was next to the pizza box. "Okay, I think I have an idea. Thanks Tina, you're the best."

"Anytime."

"How did you find Levi exactly?"

Tina laughed. "Aren't you curious? Coraline has been sulking all day because she's married and can't have a go with him."

"T-that's not why I asked," I said quickly, feeling a blush creep up my cheeks.

"I'm just pulling your leg. I met him through a friend of mine, Trevor. He was going through a rough relationship and wanted to make sure his girlfriend wasn't cheating on him. But despite her sneakiness, she still got caught by Gallant."

"I knew private investigators existed for finding cheating spouses and partners, but I didn't think I would ever get to talk to one," I said.

"Just make sure you never tell Colt about him," Tina insisted, "It'll blow his cover."

"I know, I know," I said.

"So... what are you planning?"

Once again, I was reading when Colt came home. He didn't come home at midnight this time, but around 8pm. I looked up when the bedroom door got opened.