✯Chapter 20✯

"It's about time!!" Coraline exclaimed, pumping her fists in the air.

Tina was grinning from ear to ear. "Congrats!" she told me.

I couldn't stop smiling. I told them that Levi and I were now an official couple, and they were losing their minds. I didn't tell them about his past of course; that was our secret. Besides, I had the feeling that Tina already knew that he was arrested. But I wasn't going to bother worrying about whether she knew or not. The most important thing was that Levi told me this himself.

"How is the pregnancy treating you?" I asked Coraline.

"I'm 3½ months pregnant, but it feels like I'm about to burst," she groaned, "I'm trying to do the things I usually do, but Terrence has to help me out with cleaning."

"Just ask us for help then," I started, but then after glancing at Tina I added, "Well, mostly me."

Tina pouted. "What's that supposed to mean?"
"Your house needs more cleaning than Coraline's," I said, laughing.

"I can clean my house in a matter of seconds," she argued.

"Yeah, right," Coraline replied, "And I'm going to name my baby Sexy Bumba."

Tina cracked a smile, and I laughed even harder.

"If you do, I'll pay you a thousand bucks," Tina told her.

"Don't change the topic," I said, "When are you going to clean your house? You're going to get sick at this rate."

"Today," she argued.

Coraline and I gave her a look.

"Take a picture when it's done," Coraline said.

"No, she can just ask someone else to clean it for her. Make a video of you cleaning the whole house," I added.

Tina huffed. "Oh, come on. You guys don't think I'll do it?"

"Well... no," Coraline admitted.

"If your house still looks the same way as it did the other day I visited you, then... no," I said.

"Fine, I'll have it clean by tomorrow."

"And no one is allowed to help you out," I said grinning.

"Fine," Tina said again.

She was trying to be cool about it, but I was sure that she was going to ask me for help in a couple of hours. I didn't bother telling them about the text message that I got either. Truthfully I forgot all about it. I shoved it aside as if it wasn't important at all. Besides, it could have been sent by a crazy ex or someone else who had a grudge on Levi.

As soon as school ended, Tina came over to me and asked me if I wanted to help her clean her house. She said that it would be our little secret and that Cora would never find out about it. What did I tell you?

"I can't," I told her while I was packing my stuff, "I'm going over to Coraline's. Need to do some grocery shopping first though."

Tina groaned. "Ugh, what a friend you are..."

I laughed. "Let's see, who shall I help out today? My lazy friend who's perfectly fine and able to clean her own house? Or my pregnant friend?"

"Yeah, yeah... Whatever."

But she gave me a smile before saying bye to me. I finished closing my classroom up and went to hang up my key. I got a text message from Levi earlier telling me that he wouldn't be home till nightfall today. And did I mention he called me 'love' in that message?