✯Chapter 5✯

Author's Note: Picture of Coraline Thompson

◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩◩

We were glad that Levi was the one driving. Both Tina and I were ready to commit murder. Coraline seemed nervous to the point where she kept repeating 'oh my God'. And well, Levi was the most level-headed person out of all of us. He drove calmly, but not too slowly, and barely spoke much unless absolutely necessary.

"Tina, you're going to stay in the car," Coraline ordered.

"Why the fuck should I?" Tina snapped, "I'm just going to be there for moral support."

"No, you're not," she replied, rolling her eyes.

"We're just going to have a friendly talk."

"You're going to stay in here, with Levi."

Levi didn't react at Coraline's words, but Tina was still livid.

"No, I'm not," she yelled, "Why should I? I want to be there too!"

"This isn't time to lose control of yourself, Tina," Cora continued, "You need to be there to support Scarlett. You can't give her a headache."

If only she knew that I wasn't in the right state of mind either...

"Fine, I'm not going to lose control," Tina told her, "Okay?"

Coraline sighed. "I don't believe you... But if Scarlett wants you to be there, then I won't complain."

The women looked at me expectantly.

"I want my friends to be there," I said, "Including Levi."

Levi looked over at me surprised. I was sitting next to him at the passenger seat.

"I don't think it would be a good idea for me to come along," he said, looking nervous all of a sudden, "I don't involve myself with personal matters."

"And yet you're driving us there," I teased.

He chuckled. "Touché."

"If Colt asks, I'll say he's a friend of mine," Tina suggested.

Coraline sighed again. "I really don't think this is a good idea..."

Coraline was right. But I couldn't do this on my own. I wasn't strong enough.

We pulled up at a neighbor's house. The first thing we noticed was a car that didn't belong to either me or Colt parked right in front of my house. I took a deep breath. My worst fear has come true. Colt had company.

"I can't do this," I whispered.

Of course, I did it so nobody could hear me. But Levi did. He didn't say anything; he just stared at me.

"Scar? Are you ready?" Tina asked me, poking me at my arm.

"Not in the least," I said, fighting another wave of tears.

"Let's go."

Before anyone could say anything, Tina opened the back door and jumped out. She started marching to my house. Coraline jumped out of the car as well and raced to her, pulling her back at her arm.

"This confrontation is your choice, Scarlett," Levi said suddenly, his deep voice taking me by surprise.

I nodded. "I know," I told him.

"If you're not ready for it, you shouldn't go through with it."

I lowered my head. "I love him," I whispered, "So much... How could he do this to me?"