✯Chapter 12✯

I took Levi's suggestion at heart and decided to stop messaging Colt. I put his notifications on mute in the settings menu. It was such a relief. But at the same time... His constant flow of texts didn't stop. I figured it would take a day or two, but Colt kept texting me constantly for a whole week. It was ridiculous. Although I wasn't getting sound notifications of him messaging me, it was starting to get to me mentally.

With every passing day I grew more and more agitated. I was in a bad mood 24/7, so I started taking my distance from people as much as I could. Usually I would spend a lot of my time with Tina and Coraline, but these days I was only spending my time at school with them, and as soon as work would end, I would rush to Levi's house as fast as I could. Levi noticed it as well, but he steered clear from me. But both Tina and Coraline were doing the complete opposite.

After I received the 50th message from Tina, I got up and threw my phone against the wall. It crashed into a million pieces onto the floor. I was trying so hard to get some work done, but I couldn't deal with any of this anymore. I hid my head between my knees and closed my eyes.

"What's up?" I heard after a moment. Levi.

I didn't budge. "Please, just... leave me alone."

I heard footsteps. I felt the bed move. I raised my head and looked right into his eyes.

"What's wrong?" he asked in a low concerned voice, glancing at the remains of my phone, "You've been a bit on edge lately."

"I don't want to talk," I said, looking away from him.

"You? You, of all people, don't want to talk? The world must be ending."

His sarcasm made me chuckle a bit. "Shut up," I said, but in a jokingly manner.

Levi nodded. "That's more like it. Now tell me what's wrong."

"I can't take it," I said, keeping my head down, "Everyone keeps messaging me and I can't deal with it anymore. Colt won't stop. Now Tina. Jesus Christ."

"Is Jesus texting you too?" he asked amused.

I grinned wider this time. He was trying to cheer me up. How adorable was he? Who knew Levi could crack jokes too?

I stretched my legs out on the bed and threw my head back, trying to relax myself. "I don't know, I just kind of lost it."

"And you took it out on your poor phone," he added, "But hey genius, won't you need another phone?"

I pursed my lips. "Damn it."

He snickered. I ended up laughing now too.

"I'm not going to lie," I told him, "I could use a few days without a phone in sight."

To my surprise, Levi placed his hand on my head. This was the second time he did this to me, but for some reason this time I felt terribly shy at his touch.

"There's nothing wrong with that," he said with his deep voice.

He got up again, ready to leave. All I could think of was that I wanted his company for a longer time. I grabbed his hand instinctively. But after realizing just what I had done, I quickly let him go again. "Don't go yet," I said, "Please."

"So now she wants to talk?" he teased.

I nodded, smiling at him.

The next day I went back to work feeling like a rejuvenated person. My talk with Levi yesterday wasn't anything special, but somehow it cheered me up before I was aware of it. I told him about Colt's constant texts and how most of them were just short, annoying messages to get my attention. I've never felt so harassed before in my entire life. I didn't ask him about him helping me with the whole fake boyfriend thing. If he decided to do it, I would love him forever.