✯Chapter 15✯

Levi said those words with his back turned for me. This one time that I really wanted to see his face, I couldn't. And he didn't wait for my answer either.

I was so, so confused. It was starting to become clearer that Levi wasn't seeing me as a friend of his. But what was I to him then? It didn't seem like he didn't like me as a person. I was sure that I could figure this out if I talked it over with Coraline and Tina.

Coraline! I had yet to apologize to her!

I picked up my phone and quickly dialed her number. So far I only had a few numbers saved in my contacts. Coraline's was the very first one that I added.

"Hello?"

I felt so relieved hearing her voice again.

"Coraline," I breathed, "How are you? I've missed you so much. I'm so sorry for walking away like that."

I heard a light chuckle at the other end of the line.

"I should be the one to apologize," she said, "I didn't consider your feelings."

I smiled.

"Oh, there was something I wanted to tell you," she continued, "about Tina."

"Tina?" I repeated surprised.

"Yeah, she called me last night. She was completely wasted. She was sobbing and saying how much she envied you."

"What? Why?"

Coraline sighed. "I don't know, she was saying that she could see a difference between how he used to treat her when they were dating and how he's treating you. She says he cares much more for you than her. I think Tina still likes him. But you're not going out with Levi, are you? I don't know why she was freaking out like that."

I was speechless. Part of me was happy that someone else could confirm that Levi cared for me, but... Tina still liked him? What was I supposed to do now? She saw Levi and I trying to make Colt jealous the other day. That must have been what made her so depressed. Oh God...

"Scarlett? Are you there?"

"Uhh yeah..." I replied.

"Are you going out with Levi?" Coraline inquired.

"Uhm... I don't think so?"

"You're not sure? What's going on?"

I explained everything to her. Coraline gasped sharply.

"Oh gosh," she said, "I can't believe it. No wonder Tina is jealous!"

"She was the one who told me I have a crush on him," I said, "But she did tell me not to fall in love with him, because he had a bunch of secrets."

"I think she was trying to look out for you," Coraline said.

"Yes, but... How can I tell her that he's beginning to open up to me? He told me something that happened to him many years ago."

"Oh my God, Scarlett! He's starting to trust you!"

I giggled. "Yeah."

"And you really have a crush on him?"

"I do..."

I felt like I was back in High School all over again, telling Carly about my feelings for Colt for the very first time. But this time, I wasn't afraid of trusting a friend. Because I knew Coraline wouldn't end up sleeping with Levi. Cheating was not in her vocabulary. She was crazy in love with her husband, Terrence.

"I'm so happy for you," Coraline told me, "If I were with you, I would have hugged you right now. How does it feel like?"

"I want to get to know him more," I answered, "I've been bombarding him with my problems about Colt for as long as I could remember, yet somehow that didn't make him fed up with me. So hearing a bit about his past now made me feel closer to him."