thirty 🗝

The group went home first while Hyunjin and Chungha waits for Felix.

He and Jieun decided to talk and now they're sitting under the tree. One of the few places they accidentally met.

"How are you holding up?" Felix asked, breaking the awkward air.

"It's getting better," Jieun answered back. "That vacation was actually a stepping stone to forget Younghoon."

"That's good. That's good to know."

"Oppa..." Jieun faces him. "I'm sorry."

"For what?"

"I kissed you that night. I shouldn't have done that."

Felix shook his head, "It's okay. Really it is."

Jieun smiles and looks at the sky, "You know, you are the only person who got through my thick head. You made me realize how much of an asshole Younghoon really is. If I haven't met you, I would still be with him."

"I just wanted you to be happy, that's all."

"But you're not," She scoots closer. "The truth is, I kind of like you now, but I'm still not ready."

Felix' heart felt warm knowing she felt the same. He rested his hand on her cheek, brushing it with his thumb, "You know I can always wait."

Jieun rested her hand on his, "I need to focus on myself first. I've been hurt so bad, I don't think my heart is ready to open up again."

The boy nods, resting their foreheads together, "I understand. It's your choice, okay? I'll always be here."

"Thank you, oppa."

Felix slowly kisses her forehead and smiled down at her, "The dance competition is coming up, I'd be glad if you could come and watch me on stage."

Jieun nods, "I will."

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

"So, what's the status between you two?" Hyunjin asks as soon as they met up with Felix in the parking lot.

"She just wants to be friends." He answers, hopping on the car. "She chose to focus on herself first."

"You sure you're gonna be okay?" Chungha asks from the front seat as they leave the restaurant.

"Yeah. I will be," Felix says, wiping his face.

Hyunjin looks at him from the mirror, "You'll be okay buddy. I'm sure once Jieun is ready, she'll be coming back to you."

"I know."

"And you'll be there waiting," Chungha says, smiling at him.

"Thanks guys," Felix says, leaning towards them. "Can I ask you for a favor?"

"Sure, anything." Hyunjin says, turning the wheel.

"Let's go get some ice cream!!!!"

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

The dance competition is finally here.

Jiyeon intertwines her hand with Changbin's. "You guys ready?"

"We're ready to defend our title!" Her boyfriend spoke up.

"Well, good luck out there." Jiwoo says, kissing Minho's cheek. "The contestants look real tough."

Jisung smirks, putting an arm around Haeyeon, "Yeah, whatever. We can still take them on!"

Chungha chuckles at them, "Come on. Let's go find a seat."

"Hey! Don't I get a good luck kiss as well?" Hyunjin asks, pouting.

Chungha leans in to his hear, "If you win, you'll get more than just a kiss."

Hyunjin widens his eyes and started to blush.

Felix started to push him forward, "Come on, come on. We don't have time to flirt."

The girls all sat down as they spotted a familiar face.

"Kim Hyunmin?!" Chungha exclaims, moving to sit beside her. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I—"

"I invited her," Sunwoo said, who was sitting on the opposite side of Hyunmin.

"That answers that question,"

The lights inside the gym instantly turned off.

"Finally, it's starting." Jiwoo says, taking out her camera.