nineteen 🗝

They moved a bit further from the group and sat down on the beach.

Both were quiet. No one dared to say anything first.

"Oppa."

"Jieun."

"You go first," Felix initiates.

Jieun nods, "Can I ask you something?"

"You already are."

"Why me? Why do you like me?"

He faced Jieun, "Is there even an answer to that? Jieun I just like you. That's it."

"But I'm not 'that' girl."

Felix knew what she meant. She was always insecure about herself. She always question what's so special about her. Even when she's with Younghoon and that's something Felix doesn't want to make her feel anymore.

"I don't even understand why you doubt yourself. You're pretty. You're talented. You have the kindest heart I've ever known." He tells her, not leaving her eyes. "And you deserve the best. Not that Kim Younghoon."

"So you're the best?"

"I didn't say that. It's your choice to make."

Jieun bit her lip, "I just— He's been with me for 3 years. We've made so much memories together."

"And you can still make new memories again, with someone who can appreciate you more. Let me ask you, when has he ever made you feel loved? Made you feel important? When has he ever thought about your feelings?"

Jieun bit her lip and looked back to her relationship with Younghoon. She was the one always waiting on him. She was always the one who takes the blame in order for Younghoon to stay.

Younghoon knows that whatever happens, Jieun will always be there for him.

She's given him a lot of chances but it always ends up with her crying on the bed and Younghoon just says sorry and it'll be okay again.

Does she really want that kind of relationship? Does she really want to be with that kind of man?

"Jieun, do you still love Younghoon?" Felix asks her. "Or are you staying because you're too scared of what he'll do once you let go?"

"I don't know..."

"Don't think about the 3 years you've spent with each other, because Jieun if he really loves you, he would be the one sitting here with you and trying to take you back."

"But he's not." Jieun looks at him. Their faces only inches apart. "You are."

She closed her eyes and closed the gap between them.

≿————- ❈ ————-≾

Jieun lies in bed thinking of the kiss she just had with Felix. His lips were so warm.

She smiled, opening her phone. It was already 1 in the morning.

She heard the door unlock and spotted Haeyeon walking towards her bed.

"Oh, you're still up."

"You look tired, Unnie."

"Yeah," She plumped herself on the pillow. "Jisung and Minho oppa kept vomitting on the beach."

"They really went all out this time."

"Nah, that was just their usual selves. We're lucky it was just that. There was a time when I had to drag Jisung away from the kitchen because he decided place the fruits in alphabetical order."

Jieun chuckles, "It's really that bad, huh?"

Haeyeon nods and noticed something, "You okay? You seem a bit quiet earlier at dinner."

"There's just something on my mind."

"It's Felix, isn't it?"

She was shocked. She thought they hadn't noticed. "How did you-?"

"Come on," Haeyeon sat up. "Who else could it be? Unless its Seungmin because if it is, that guy has no amount of clue whatsoever when a girl is flirting with him."

Jieun shrugs, "It could be Jeongin."

"You have to go through Changbin oppa and Jiyeon noona first before you get to him."

The younger sighs and hugs her pillow, "I don't know what to do. He said he likes me."

Haeyeon have known it for quite some time, as well. "Well, do you like him?"

"Unnie, I'm still with Younghoon."

"Do you still like Younghoon?"

Jieun was hesitant to answer. After hearing Felix' questions earlier, it got her thinking. Was she still inlove with him or she just doesn't want to waste their 3 years together?

"You're hesitating." Haeyeon points out. "That's how you know you're confused."

"Have you experienced this before?"

Haeyeon fakes a laugh, "Let's just say, a lot of us have been through this road."

Memories of Jisung and Minho choosing between two girls suddenly popped in her head.

Jieun frowns, "So what do I do?"

"I think you need to ask yourself, who you really want. Who's the person you're comfortable with the most?"