two 🗝

"So, Chungha, how's school?" Mrs. Lee asked her daughter.

"Fine,"

"How's your dance? Are you still performing at shows?"

"Yes."

Felix noticed how Chungha was uninterested in the conversation so he decides to butt in, "She recently won a pageant."

"Really?" Their mother says, "That's great. I hope you keep doing well in school."

"Are we done? I still have homework,"

"Chungha..." Felix whispers, calling out to her.

"No, sweetie, it's okay," Mrs. Lee wipes her mouth with a tissue. "I understand. You still have classes tomorrow."

Chungha just rolled her eyes as Felix looked at their mother, "I thought he was going with you?"

"Ah, yes. Well he decided to see his girlfriend first. They've been in a really long distant relationship for a while and its been months since he's last seen her."

Felix just mouthed an 'aah' and looked at Chungha, "Who are you calling?"

"Hyunjin. I want to go home."

Mrs. Lee smiled at her, "That Hyunjin boy is very nice. I didn't know you liked him."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "There are a lot of things you don't know about me, mother."

"I guess that's true," She mutters under her breath.

Chungha started to pack her bag and stands up, "I'll wait for you outside, Yongbok. Goodbye mom, thank you for dinner."

Felix watches as his sister walked out of the restaurant, leaving him with their mother. "I'm sorry about her. She's just -"

"I get it, Felix. Don't worry. I was the one who left the both of you alone. She has the right to be mad at me."

"But still -"

"Go," Mrs. Lee grinned at him. "Be with your sister. I'll be fine here."

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"That was out of line, Chungha," Felix says as they approached Hyunjin's car in the parking lot.

"What do you expect me to say? That I missed her? That I want her back?"

"You could've been a bit nicer! She's still our mother."

"Then what? She'll stay a few days and leave again? Just like before?" Chungha stopped in her tracks and faced Felix, "You only see the good in her."

Felix was about to say something but Chungha, spotting Hyunjin's car, directly opened the door and sat in the front seat.

Hyunjin scratched his head as Felix approached him, "I'm guessing the food wasn't great?"

Felix sighed, "Can you take her home? I want to be alone for now."

Hyunjin nods, "Will do."

⊱ ━━━━.⋅ εïз ⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Felix walked near the riverbank, kicking some stones. It was always this way. Their mom would come visit, stay, leave and they'll never hear from her again.

He understood why Chungha was acting that way because he was too. He was tired of getting left behind and forgotten.

Felix inhaled and decided to shout. He screamed at the top of his lungs, releasing all the frustration he's been feeling lately.

"That was a good shout," He heard someone beside him.

"Jieun..."

The younger smiled at him, "It feels nice, releasing all that. Don't you think so, oppa?"

"Y-yeah," He answers. He doesn't even know why he's stuttering. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh? Me? I just had a lot of things on my mind. My boyfriend came home and we had a fight. I wanted to clear my head."

"Oh. So he's here and you had a fight?"

"Yeah but it was nothing serious," Jieun says as she continues smiling.

No one can hide their pain, Jieun. I've seen that smile before, Felix thought and faced her, "Are you sure?"

"Yep!"

"By the way, if you don't mind me asking. What's his name?"

Jieun looked at him and smiled back, "Younghoon. Kim Younghoon."