Because trainees weren't supposed to poke into other businesses around SM unless permitted. I clearly wasn't given permission to peek at an unreleased comeback. And one of them saw me. And I'm sure he saw me because we made eye contact. Ugh!

I suddenly pulled out my phone upon a realisation. "Right, I can just google him and see if he was the guy who saw me."

I unlocked my phone to search him up but Jongdae suddenly stopped me. "WAIT!"

It caused me to look up at him, then down at my phone again because he was holding my hand, and I actually liked it. "Uh?" I responded in a blur.

"I'm... just thinking that it's not a good idea to do that now." Jongdae held my hand firmer, but I was not getting it. "I mean, you can search him up if you want, but if he really is the one who saw you, wouldn't it make you feel anxious all week? Maybe it's better not to know for now, and don't think about it until it comes."

Jongdae was right. I shouldn't try too hard figuring out about him right now and make myself overthink. I nodded, "yeah, good idea. I have five more days before I come back here so it's better to put it behind me for now."

I looked down to his hand over mine again, appreciating his warmness but at the same time finding it awkward.

How long is he going to hold my hand?

Jongdae retracted his hand when he realised it. "Sorry," he apologised but that was not what I wanted. "How're your knees? I hope you didn't abuse them today."

I flashed a bigger smile this time, thinking about the knee guards that kept me well. "Of course I didn't. Someone got me knee guards and I used it all day. I only left it out when I performed the actual stage so it should be better by next week."

"Do I get a free meal now?"

My jaw dropped wide in awe. "Wait, why would you get a free meal? Technically I took care of my knees so you should be treating me to buffet."

"That wasn't our promise, remember? I asked you not to dance, but you did." He raised an eyebrow looking all cheeky.

I rolled my eyes, threw a light punch to his shoulder and chuckled. "You know it's impossible for me not to dance!"

Jongdae laughed at my reaction. "Okay fine, fine. Since you want it so bad, I'll treat."

I stared at him smiling and tried to read his intention. "That was too easy. Do you treat people so easily?"

"Not just anyone of course, I only treat those who are worth it." He looked at me sweetly again. Man, he was doing so much to my frail little heart.

I leaned forward, cupping my face with two hands to challenge in a girly manner. "Are you saying that I'm worth a lot?"

And it felt like time had stopped when our faces neared. I thought he would move back a little at my approach but he returned my gaze without budging. I stayed still and waited for his answer. The silence between us intensified and caused me to imagine a lot about what could happen.

"More than you think," he finally answered in a voice that happened to be low and incredibly sexy. I almost forgot how to breathe.

I was going to drop my hands and retreat but he quickly cupped his over mine to hold my face, taking me by an electric surprise. My heart only hammered faster, and the urge to lean forward and give him a kiss was real.

"Hey," he called me while I was caged in his deep black eyes. "No matter what happens, you're still Jisoo and I'm still Jongdae, okay?"

That randomness made me chuckle out of it. He then removed his hands from me and I sat back in my place, though I must say I was a little disappointed. "What are you saying?" I chuckled more, trying to hide my disappointment in case it showed.