xxvi. Old McDonald

Start from the beginning

    I clenched my jaw, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of having power over me. So, quickly, I snapped back, "Not without His permission, I bet..." I finished those words off with a sickly sweet smile.

    My facade dropped when I heard chatter outside. Hearing the familiar tone that belonged to Percy, I tried to move, to reach him, but the bonds around my arms stopped me from doing so. A grin formed on Geryon's face, and he let out a sick chuckle. "Ah ... there we are. Someone's scared, isn't she? And tell me, if you can burn this whole place down, why haven't you burnt through those bonds?" he liked seeing the fall of my face. "I guess I'll see you later, when I sell you and your friends and get my gold."

    He put the gag back around my face, before standing up and making his way outside. There was silence following his entrance. I tried to see through the door, but it closed before I could. Screaming through the gag, I hoped that someone would hear me, but it was no use.

    "Welcome to the Triple G Ranch," greeted Greyon, and I shuffled as much as I could to see. But I couldn't find a way to get past his stupid three-chest self. I knew he was greeting my friends, and I had to see whether they were okay. If one of them was hurt━oh, I swear to all the Gods, I swear on the River of Styx ...

    Euryton spoke up, "Say hello to Mr Geryon."

    And then I heard him. "Hi," said Percy. I struggled in the seat, trying to break out of the bonds. I screamed his name through the gag, but it just turned into a muffled 'GEOIRCUYY!' "Nice chest━uh, ranch! Nice ranch you have."

    (He made that mistake on purpose. That asshole ... ugh, but a cute asshole━tell anyone that and I'll murder you). 

    The second parlor door opened; and I couldn't see who it was. But I heard them. It's been a year, but Nico Di Angelo's voice may have gotten lower, but it was still the same liquour sound━I know, because his father sounded very much the same. "Geryon, I won't wait for━"

    I tried to call his name, too. He must know I'm here. He was with Cain, he'd have to know ... another thought struck me. Why wasn't Cain with him? Was he okay? Styx! I wish I could reach for my dagger and cut these ropes from my hands! 

    "Put that away, Mr di Angelo," snarled Geryon━I wondered what got him in such a terrible mood; but considering that Nico saw Percy, I wouldn't be surprised if he had drawn his sword. "I ain't gonna have my guests killin' each other."

    "But that's━"

    "Percy Jackson," Geryon supplied. "Annabeth Chase. And a couple of their monster friends."

    "Monster friends?" Grover said indignantly━

    Grover! He's an empath! He might be able to senseoh, my gods, Grover I love you! I tried to make my anger and fear as obnoxious I could, struggling and gritting my teeth. 

     "That man is wearing three shirts," Tyson said, like he was just realising this. 

    "They let my sister die!" Nico's voice trembled with rage. "They're here to kill me!"

    "Nico, we're not here to kill you," said Percy gently. "What happened to Bianca was━"

    "Don't speak her name! You're not worthy to even talk about her!"

    "Wait a minute," said Annabeth, her voice laced with suspicion. "How do you know our names?"

     There was a pause, and I glimpsed Geryon shift in his position, his three chests sticking out. "I make it my business to keep informed, darlin'. Everybody pops into the ranch from time to time. Everyone needs something from ole Geryon. Now, Mr di Angelo, put that ugly sword away before I have Euryton take it from you."