iii . Cain Richards

╔═══════════════╗

chapter three.
( titan's curse  )
❝ cain richards! ❞

╚═══════════════╝

      There was something with being shaken awake that I really hate.

       I nearly hit Michael in the nose out of fright—he deserves it, he's the most annoying person you'll ever meet, but that's not the point—; I wasn't sure whether I would wake up back on the Princess Andromeda, the dark place that Hades called the Transition, or in the Fields of Asphodel, dead. The idea that I would wake and I would not be back at Camp Half-Blood scared me dearly.

      Michael Yew jumped out of the way, looking rather offended. "Wow! Okay."

     "What do you want, Michael?" I rolled my eyes as I sat up. My back hurt. I must have slept on it wrong.

      "Why are you so grumpy, Sunshine?" Michael teased.

      I narrowed my eyes at him, "Michael, I've told you a thousand times, no one is allowed to call me that."

      "Except Percy."

     I hoped I wasn't red. "That's different. Percy is the most stubborn kelp face in the world."

     "Sure."

     The want to strangle Michael Yew was a constant feeling. He had the most annoying face—pointed, snobby and looking as if he was always judging something or someone (most of which were usually those of the Aphrodite Cabin).

      "I will not hesitate in killing you," I glared, and he just rolled his eyes. I guess he was used to my death threats, in fact, he looked like he was thoroughly happy I was giving him them.

      "Just get up and come outside! Dad's chariot is coming in—with Percy—"

      Just hearing his name made me jump up, "Percy's back?!"

      "Yes," Michael started to make his way to the door. "You're Lover Boy has returned."

      "He's not my Lover Boy."

      "Right."

      "Hey!" I tried to catch up to him, rushing to him as he opened the door and squeezing through before he shut it. Michael gave me an annoyed look from the tip of his nose, despite being the same height. "If Percy's back, and Annabeth and Grover ... does that mean Thalia's finally here?"

      "Yeah, of course..."

      He didn't need to finish, for I saw the crowd hovering around a great big yellow school bus crashed into the water. As soon as I did, I started running towards it. Thalia ... Thalia was alive! What would she look like? The same as I remembered her? Or would have she aged? Would she still wear the same goth and punk clothes—or more precisely, her leather jacket covered in band badges, her combat boots and black ripped jeans?