VIII-- Nico

• Dedicated to my bestie <3

Disclaimer: Don't own PJO or HOO. Rick Riordan does. :)

Shout-out to all the amazing people who hepled me reach 200+ reads, and by doing that, have made a difference in my life. Thank you to all of you awesome people out there! May God bless you! :)

Read, comment, vote!

VIII-- Nico

Nico was trying really hard not to cry.

First his real sister, Bianca, visited him in a dream and left him, now his other sister, Hazel, just got him back from those filthy giants and he had to leave her.

Everyone on the Argo II was sharing goodbyes before they split up to go on their separate quests.

Jason was hugging Piper, who was crying her eyes out onto the poor guy's tee-shirt.

Hazel gave Frank a kiss, and Hazel seemed to ask Frank a question, because Frank nodded his head.

Leo was standing around awkwardly, not having anyone to say goodbye to, so Nico walked over to ease the guy's pain.

"Hey, dude," Nico said.

"Oh, hey," Leo muttered, his eyes locked on Hazel and Frank sharing yet another kiss.

"You really like her, don't you?" Nico asked, amused.

Leo blushed. "Um... She's interesting. But I don't like her-- I mean, I do like her as a friend, but not like like her, like her. You know, I don't like her like that."

Nico stifled a laugh. "Sure you don't."

Hazel walked over to them, and Nico's heart was heavy, dreading the moment when he would have to say goodbye.

"Hey, Nico. You alright?" she asked, her golden eyes staring at him with concern.

"Yeah," he croaked. "Fine."

She came forward and hugged him, and Nico was reminded of Bianca's visit last night.

They pulled apart and Hazel said, "I can't believe this. I just got you back, and now I might lose you again."

Nico tried for a smile. "Hey, we'll be alright. Just make sure you don't get your butt kicked by monsters."

Hazel laughed, as tears fell from her eyes. "I'm not the one who got myself captured by those dumb giants."

Nico gave her one last hug, promising her that everything would turn out right in the end.

"Hustle, cupcakes!" Coach Hedge boomed impatiently, swinging his baseball bat carelessly through the air.

Leo ducked as he almost had his head removed from his body.

"I swear if he ever hits me, I'll--" Leo muttered.

"You'll what?" Coach Hedge demanded, actually managing to look intimidating in his tracksuit, his baseball bat in hand.

Leo gulped. "Nothing!"

"I thought so!" the old satyr barked, satisfied.

Everyone else laughed.

"Come on, Frank, Piper," Nico called out.

Jason kissed Piper a final time, then he turned to Frank. "Better make sure that Piper doesn't get hurt, or I swear I'll kill you, man," he said, half-joking.

Frank gave him a man-hug, and he replied, "Same with Hazel, dude."

Jason turned to Nico. "Bye, man. Good luck," he said, giving him a man-hug. "If you need any extra help, just I-M us, okay?"