Chapter Fourteen *EDITED*

Christian's Perspective.

I sit inside of my car, fiddling with my phone in my hands as I sit outside of my store. After Tasha left last night, I couldn't stop thinking about her. Of course the sex was bomb, and so was her body, but it's something else to her. I need to get to know her more. I want to text her so bad, but, I really don't want to be thirsty and I don't know where her head is at. I honestly think she wants to fuck, and that's it, but I'm willing to put the work in to move past just sex.

But, on the other hand, I have a son and a baby on the way. I should be focusing on my children and their future, and trying to make sure that I'm doing right by them. I don't know if I'm going to have the time to date while running a business and being a dad. And I don't want to start something I can't put the time and energy into, or have someone take time away from my business and my babies.

I decide to just leave it alone, and move on. If it's meant for Tasha and I to meet again, then we'll meet again. If it's meant for it to just be a one night stand, that's what it'll be. I have other shit to put my energy into right now anyway.

I get out of my car and lock the doors, then go over to unlock my store. One of my employees walks up at the same time as me, and greets me. "Wassup, man?" He daps me up. "Yesterday we made so much money, man. This store is really going to be something."

"You think?" I ask him. I open the door and we both walk in. "I really wanna expand this one day, really make it an empire."

"That's cool, bro. It's nice to see somebody from my hood actually doing something with their life. Too many people die in the streets."

"Yeah that was my reasoning for opening this store. I wanted to have something that'll help set me up for life, so me and my kids can be good. I don't wanna be another statistic and I don't want my kids to even have to know what struggle really is. And, one day I'll be able to give back to the hood so other young kids can really see some inspiration and work hard to get out the hood."

"That's really dope." He responds.

"I'm gonna go into my office. If you need anything, let me know."

I go into the back and unlock my office door, then get myself set up for the day. I open my laptop, make sure I make a list of what I need to do for the day, and get to work. Before I know it, I look up at the clock and it's almost lunch time.

Someone knocks on my door and I look up and it's Tasha, standing behind one of my employees. "She said you two had a meeting." The employee tells me.

"Come in, Tasha." I say. She comes in and sits down in a chair in front of my desk.

Maybe this is a sign. I did want to hit her up, but, I didn't want to come on too strong or take away time from other important things. But, here she is, sitting right in front of me.

"So, you said you could give me some tips, right?" She asks.

"Yeah. Whatever you need." I tell her. "Let's go grab some lunch or something and talk." I tell her.

"Okay. I'll follow you out."

Harlem's Perspective.

I throw a load of dirty towels into the washing machine, along with detergent and fabric softener, and press start on the washing machine. Then, I take the clean towels out of the dryer, putting them into a laundry basket, and take them over to the folding area. I sit down, put my headphones in my ears and begin folding the towels.

I hate being pregnant, because it's bringing so much emotion out of me. I already know my baby is gonna be a crybaby. All I do all the time is think about Kyree, what he's doing, and why he's not texting me back. I swear, I be about to cry when he take too long to text back. I hate this emotional shit. I was never like this before.