Chapter Five *EDITED*

Three weeks later.
Harlem's Perspective.

These last three weeks have been super busy. I've been working long days in the trap, bagging up weed and different pills, collecting money, getting to know everyone and making some good money while doing it. I've been trying to stack as much money as possible so I could get a place, but I haven't reached my goal quite yet. But, soon, I'll have the amount of money I'll need and I'll be able to afford my own place, finally!

Plus, home life has been great. Christian and I have became best friends. We talk about his business, his goals, his future, we have even better sex, and we still can have playful and fun moments too. It's like having a boyfriend without the complications and heartbreak that comes with it. I love it.

But, today is a special day. After not seeing Tiana since December (it's now May), she's finally coming home from school for the summer. We have so many plans this summer, from amusement parks to clubs to just having a chill movie night. I missed my best friend so much.

Tiana and I have known each other since kindergarten. We went to elementary, middle and high school together, and her, being as smart as she is, went to college because she wants to become a doctor while I stayed home to make money and basically take care of my younger brother.

Speaking of younger brothers, I haven't seen or talked to Carter since I got kicked out. My mom blocked my number and blocked me on all social media, she won't let me in the house, and she took me off of his emergency contact list at school so I'm not allowed to even pick him up from school or anything anymore. And as much as I miss him, I have to move on with my life and hope that when he gets older he'll reach out to me or soon, my mom will stop being so angry and let me see my brother.

My train of thought is broken by the sound of the car honking loudly, followed by Christian yelling, "Man, go, what the fuck bro!"

"Calm down, we're almost there." I tell him.

"What letter thing do we have to go to again?" He asks me.

"D. Her plane should be landing in a few minutes so by the time she gets her luggage and all of that, we'll be there. Her little boo thing is coming too."

"Since when does Tiana have a boo?" He asks me, raising his eyebrows. "Neither one of y'all like commitment."

I roll my eyes. "He seems super nice. Y'all are around the same age, he plays ball, and he's a gentleman, unlike some people."

"Look who tryna throw shots!" He says sarcastically. "Who knows, maybe I'm a gentleman for the right girl." He throws shots right back.

"Yeah yeah yeah. I'm the perfect girl for everybody so pick a new excuse." I joke, flipping my hair.

I made sure to get semi dressed up for Ti. I put on this simple sundress with a pair of jelly sandals, and I did a natural beat for makeup and also curled my hair. This is a lot for me because I'm usually the biker shorts, oversized tee and checkered vans type of girl who throws her hair up into a messy bun or ponytail on the daily.

It literally feels like I'm meeting a long distance lover or something, like that's how giddy I am. My best friend and I have a bond so dope that no one has ever compared to, so when we spend time apart it literally feels like a big deal when we see each other again. We both cried when she left for school. That's how much we love each other.

After about another 20 minutes of driving, we arrive at the airport and pull up at the D terminal to wait for Tiana. Not long after arriving, I see Tiana walking out of the automatic door, with her face in her phone and a tall, brown skin guy trailing behind her, carrying all of her bags. I get out of the car, excited, and run up to her, almost scaring her. We embrace and both burst into tears hugging each other tightly. "I missed you bitch!" I tell her.