25

"This is all your fault, you know."

"I know, PETER. And I said I was SORRY. But you still could have said NO."

Blaire and Peter were bickering at each other while they scrubbed the floor of Tony's party room. They had to clean up after a massive party and everyone there knew they had to clean. It was so embarrassing for others to know of the punishment.

"And I'm grounded by Aunt May. I had plans this weekend," Peter continued to whine.

"Well, life happens, so get over it." Blaire was really getting tired of listening to Peter whine and complain.

"It's not like I 'Loki-ed' you. You still had free will. And besides, doesn't it feel good to know that you helped rescue runway teenagers that were being held against their will?"

Blaire sometimes felt like she was being held against her will because of Lily and her manipulation. "I can make it up to you with some dessert from downstairs..." Blaire said playfully.

"What kind?" Peter asked with a raised eyebrow.

"What kind do you like? There's tiramisu, chocolate cake, bread pudding..."

"Chocolate mousse?" he asked hopefully.

"Sure. I can make some." Blaire smiled at him, hoping he would cheer up and not be such a crank.

Steve walked in with Bucky and they were both wearing a suit and tie. Blaire stopped what she was going and looked at both of them, appreciating how handsome they looked. Except Bucky kept fidgeting with his collar and tie like they were too tight. Steve just looked very large and imposing with his broad shoulders and neatly combed hair.

"Wow, you guys clean up nice. Where are you headed?" Blaire asked as she walked towards them.

"We have that hearing we told you about. It's the one about custody of you and Lily. Are you sure you don't want to come with us?"

Blaire nervously rubbed her left arm and said, "Yeah, I'm sure. I'll just wait to find out."

Steve and Bucky took turns giving her a hug before they walked out of the room. Peter coughed and then said, "L-lets take a break." He knew Blaire was nervous about the hearing and her custody being decided. She had always relied on herself and he could understand that. But if the state granted custody of her and Lily to Steve and Bucky, then she would have a real family. A real family that was safe and beyond her wildest dreams.

Blaire helped herself to a soda from behind the bar and got one out for Peter too. They made small talk as the minutes wore on. Thor stopped in the room to check on them. "What do you want, Lord of the Dancing lights?" Blaire asked him cheekily.

"I have come to gauge your progress with the cleanup. And to make sure you two will not make mischief while unattended." Thor just smiled brightly as Blaire and Peter both groaned and facepalmed.

"Like you haven't ever been in trouble before," Blaire grumbled.

"Tony said I could have you clean my room, too, if you were belligerent to my warm tidings," Thor said with a raised eyebrow.

"Whatevs! You clean your own room Mr. I-eat-pop-tarts- and-leave-the-trash-everywhere!" Blaire hopped off the bar and started walking towards Thor with an angry face, her hand on her hip, and a finger pointed at his chest, which was almost over her head. "And would it really kill you to clean up your kitchen mess every once in a while? I'm not your personal maid, Thor Odinson. Is Heimdall watching you right now? I know he is; do I need to get him to call your dad and bring him down here to whip some manners into you? I thought you were a noble, but you're nothing but a noble mess maker!" Blaire kept poking him in his chest as he was walking backwards to escape her wrath.

"I meant no offense, Lady Blaire. It was purely in jest!" He raised his hands in surrender as he pleaded with her. He turned quickly and ran from the room. Blaire kept a stern look on her face until she turned to Peter and they both burst into laughter. "Oh my gosh! I never thought I would see him be afraid of you! You're so tiny!" Peter said between laughs.

"I bet he wasn't expecting me to use Heimdall on him! I'll have to remember that one!"

Peter and Blaire high fived and did a secret handshake and then got back to cleaning the rest of the party room.