4

The team sat in a booth in the back of the diner and had already ordered some food. Natasha and Sam sat at a different booth while Bucky and Steve sat with Blaire. Blaire drank a glass of water and was looking at each of their faces warily.

"What's you name?" Steve asked.

"I don't want to tell you. Ask a different question."

"Do you have a younger sister?"

Blaire tried to keep her face void of emotion but they both noticed her surprise.

"Why do you want to know?"

Steve sighed and rubbed his forehead. This was going to be tougher than he thought.

"I think she ran into me a while back and I wanted to help her. I want to help you too. I think she's your sister and you were there that day too."

"What are you going to do with me after today? Send me to jail?"

"I don't want to have to send you to jail, but it might do you some good."

Blaire just stared at him as she clenched her jaw with anger. Bucky put a hand on her shoulder which she immediately shrugged off. "Don't touch me," she spat at him. He raised his hands in surrender and placed them back in his lap.

"I'm not telling you anything. You're not a cop and unless I'm under arrest this is called kidnapping. So you need to let me go."

Just then the waitress appeared with their orders. Three giant burgers with golden fries and milkshakes were set in front of Blaire, Steve and Bucky. The smell was amazing and was making her mouth salivate. She couldn't remember the last time she had a real hot hamburger.

Steve noticed how she was eyeing the food and glanced at Bucky. They both knew how she felt and was struggling.

"You did steal my friend's wallet, or at least attempt to-"

Blaire interrupted Steve. "But I gave it back and no one was hurt. Except me."

Steve paused and then said, "Go ahead, eat up. It's on me. No obligation. Other than maybe your name."

Blaire tore her eyes from the food and was glancing between Steve and Bucky. "Am I free to go?" As tempting as the food was, Blaire didn't want a handout from them. She was stubborn to a fault.

Steve reached into his pocket and pulled out a business card. It had his name and the address of the Avengers tower in Manhattan. There were also several phone numbers on it and he wrote down his personal number. "Take this, and call me if you need anything. If you give this to a cab driver they'll drive you there for free. You're free to go." He placed the card next to her plate of food and sighed in defeat.

Blaire angrily snatched up the business card and shoved it in her pocket as she slid out of the booth, giving a mock salute, "See ya around, Captain." She stormed out the diner and didn't look back.

"Real smooth, there Steve." Bucky said as he took a fry from his plate.

"I don't know how to reach her. She's obviously hurting and desperate for help. And we didn't even get a name. But we still tagged her with that tracker."

Bucky smirked as he dug into his burger.

Blaire ran out of the restaurant and crossed the street, dodging a few cars. She ran down the next alley and then stood up against a wall to steady her breathing. Her face crinkled in a silent cry as she thought of her sister and how she needed to take care of her. She couldn't trust Steve or anyone else. She didn't want to be locked up because of her stealing or because of her powers. He didn't mention that while at the table. After a few more seconds she took a deep breath and then pushed away from the wall and headed home.

Lily was already at the fire station when Blaire came back late at night. Lily practically tackled Blaire when she came into their room. "Where have you been?! I saw you get taken by those people! What happened?" Lily asked in a worried voice.

"Nothing happened. I just had a little run in with them but they let me go. I don't want to talk about." She gave Lily a hug and then asked, "Have you eaten today?"

"Yes, Edna brought me some food."

"Let's go to bed."

Lily and Blaire got ready for bed, brushing their teeth and then snuggled into bed together. Blaire kept an arm pressed into her stomach so Lily wouldn't hear her stomach growling. She should have taken the burger with her, but she was stubborn. With a heavy sigh she drifted off to sleep with dreams filled with the face of Captain America. His eyes were blue like her father's. And like her father, he had good intentions. But would that be enough for her to trust him?

####################

How did you like this chapter?

Most memorable or favorite moment and why?

Any suggestions drama or fluff related?

Future predictions?

Vote and comment. I like to know others are reading my story.

TIA!