7

Blaire let out a deep and heavy sigh as she opened her eyes and her senses awakened. She felt like she was sleeping on a cloud, wrapped in a warm cloud, while her head was resting on a cloud. Am I dead? She thought as she turned her head and flexed her hands. She saw another bed in the room with the covers thrown back, like someone had slept there and then left. I'm not dead. I don't think heaven has a hospital bed and monitors. She sat up in the bed as she looked down at her hands noticing the IV drip in her arm and the other sensors on her body. A silent alarm went off, alerting the nurse she was awake. She nervously placed her right hand over her left forearm to cover her scars. It was a habit and she did it most of the time subconsciously.

"Good morning, I'm Nurse Paige. How are you feeling?"

"Good morning. Fine, I guess."

"I'll check your vitals and then I'll have breakfast brought in."

While the nurse took Blaire's temperature, pulse, and blood pressure, she asked, "What hospital is this? Have you seen my sister?"

"You're not in a hospital, sweetie. This is the Avenger's Tower. And I think your sister is with Mr. Rogers and Mr. Barnes."

Her pulse quickened at the news and the nurse took notice. "You had the flu and had a really high fever. You were delirious when Mr. Barnes brought you in."

"Mr. Barnes?"

"Bucky and Steve?" The nurse prompted her.

"I need to see my sister, right away."

"I'll have them bring her up. Just wait here a few more minutes, please."

Nurse Paige left the small room and took her bubbly personality with her. Stay here my ass, Blaire thought. She threw the blankets back and pulled the IV from her arm, letting out a small hiss at the pain. She put both her feet forward to stand, and once she put her weight on both her legs the room began to spin and her knees gave out. She landed with a loud smack! Her arm also hit a tray on the way down, making as much noise as possible. "Real smooth, Bedo," Blaire muttered under her breath.

Nurse Paige came running back into the room along with another man, Dr. Banner.

"I asked you to stay put, young lady," the nurse scolded her. She bent down to help Blaire stand and get back in the bed.

"I need to see my sister!" Blaire shouted at her.

"Hey, calm down, Blaire. I'm Doctor Bruce Banner and your sister brought you here because you were really sick."

"Bruce Banner as in The Incredible Hulk?! I need to get out of here!" Blaire tried to push Paige away but she was more than experienced in handling patients trying to escape. She deftly grabbed one of Blaire's hands and tried to pin her thumb to her wrist, creating a painful hold by which she could direct her. "Get back in the bed, please. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"Ah! Let go of me!"

"Calm down please!" Bruce raised his voice.

Just then Steve and Bucky appeared in the doorway with Lily in tow.

"Blaire! You're awake!" Lily cried out and ran to greet her, pushing past Bruce and ignoring the nurse.

When Nurse Paige saw Steve and Bucky she released her hold on Blaire, allowing her to stand.

Blaire engulfed Lily in a hug, looking her over like she hadn't seen her in a week. She stood to her full 5 feet and 4 inches and protectively pushed Lily behind her as she looked at Steve, Bucky, and Bruce. "What's the meaning of this? Why am I in the Avenger's Tower?"