Chapter 9: unresolved diffrences

It had been a week since everything had happened and things were going fine, I was at the beach sunbathing with Serena, but  I decided to go inside, I had tanned enough for one day.

I hadn't talked to Mum or Dad in over a week so I decided to phone them, it was only in my mothers nature to worry about every little thing, so it was best to phone once in a while.

After phoning them, I actually didn't know what to do, I had gone for lots of walks and I had already been to the beach, then I remembered the fun fair...but I didn't want to bump into Kayden's gang so I decided not to go there, plus I didn't want to walk all that way, I was very lazy.

I was just sitting there wandering what to do when Serena walked in, "Hey..." She said and I sensed that she was up to something.

"Yes?" I asked suspiciously.

"So..um...what would you say if I asked you to go to a party?"

"I would say, no thank you," I replied honestly.

"Oh, c'mon Ali, I just met these boys at the beach and there having a party, we should totally go," She said trying, but failing to make me change my mind.

"Do you not remember what happened the last time? and anyway what do you know about these guys?" I asked, I was always the cautious one.

"Please?" She said pleading, dismissing my question.

"No," I said sternly even though it was really hard not to give in to her puppy dog face.

"Okay, fine then you stay here all alone," She said still trying to convince me...she really doesn't give in.

"Okay," I said again, I really couldn't be bothered to go to a party.

Serena looked like she was going to argue with me more, but she just told me the address in case I changed my mind and went to pick out an outfit, five hole hours in advance.

Today was our day off, as there was no work, I had finished the three books I took out of the library, I had another book on my bedside table, that my sister had given me back home so I decided to read that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nine o'clock and Serena had just left for the party, I still had no intention of going not because of what happened last time, just that it wasn't really my scene, and anyway I liked being alone.

I was watching some TV in the living room when I heard the doorbell ring. It was Leo...I wonder what he was doing here.

"Hey," I said opening the door.

"Hey," He replied.

He was just standing there in the cold, so I decided that I should probably invite him in. "Um...You wanna come in?" I asked unsure of myself.

It looked like he was deciding whether to come in or not,  I was getting a little impatient so I decided to help him out, "C'mon its not that hard to decide," I said starting to feel cold.

He looked a little embarrassed before stepping inside.

Leo looked like the kinda guy who would go to every party there was and curiosity got the better of me so I asked him, "Aren't you going to the party?" I asked.

He smirked, making me wonder why, had I said something funny?

"Actually, I was on my way to one, I thought I would drop by and check on you," He said slightly nervous.

"Look, Leo...I have forgotten about all that stuff...Ive blocked it out, please stop reminding me," I said honestly.

"I'm sorry," was all he said, and I knew that im those two words that he meant it.